EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
dvdlesher

Magic and blacksmith

I've been testing those two towers lately, and I've found out 3 things to ask:

1. Is magic tier tower are actually buff-able? Same question goes to mushroom tier tower.

2. Does blacksmith, forge, foundry reduces mana usage for magic/mushroom?

I asked the 2nd question because my magic tower only using 15 mana instead of 45 mana when buffed with foundry tower. If buffed with blacksmith tower, only using 41 mana. And uses 37 mana when buffed with forge...

3. Does forge improve the tower ability damage (Usually, the tower with 1-1 damage)? The details says "Increases a friendly unit's attack & ability damage by 25%"

Blacksmith and well work on magic and mushroom. To do so, they change the mana values. I don't fully understand how that works, but it does. There is an ongoing debate about if the mana values are corect, because jolin (and I) believe they are like 5-20% off (depending on the level of the toers in question). We are in a process of testing those towers exact damage output and tweaking the numbers.

You can assume they work, and the bonus received by the boost is sometimes a little to small or big until we (Karawasa, jolin, and I) fix it, so you probably won't notice any problems at all.

I tried on mushroom tower, but.... Even if mushroom tower got forgery+waterfall buff, the mana cost isn't reduced...

But magic/sorcery/wizardry DOES get reduced mana cost...

they don't get reduced mana cost. they get bonus mana gain on ability cast, technicaly meaning the exactly same: lower recharge time, but you can't look on the ability button how much mana it sais and expect it to be lower if you combine mush with well or magic with smith.

Mmmm... I can't review my own replay on my own, please comment on my replay please!

But at least, because of this replay, I noticed about the sorcery "mana bug" (in my terms)

By the way, I also want this replay as a consideration about flamethrower thing that being discussed here

Sorcery, Flamespewing.w3g

so lets address this: something needs to be changed regarding magic + blacksmith...

tooltip tells me: the bonus damage from the ability does NOT stack with fire up.

however when I look at the +[green numbers] it appears that fire up DOES stack with the ability damage. thus a sorcery tower with base damage of 9k is not getting +18k but it is getting +37k damage, according to the green numbers.

The cooldown IS reduced when fire up is applied (mana only goes down to 30 and not down to 0).

I have confirmed this is not the case. A sorcery tower with ability and Fire Up 3 buff gets +7500 which means they are not stacking.

Sign in to follow this