EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Twilice

[Beta 11] Fps drop, = flame ice?

I don't know if it was either flame or ice.

But I think one of these towers got me into a large fps drop. Strangely I could run the game like I could normaly but every models had lesser fps.

I usually have 30-40 fps.

It went down to about 10-20.

When it does this I usually start to lagg but I didn't there were only fps drop nothing else.

*confirm*

No creeps: 110 FPS

Attacking: 60 FPS

Ice/Flame: 40 PFS

I don't notice that because they are all high.

Hint: Type ingame /fps

Yes I know.

But since they are all diferent each time I just post just about how low they get and how high they get.

It'd be great if you guys could post your performance difference for each tower specifically. I'd like to see how much Gunpowder, Ice, and Flame reduce FPS by themselves. Add to that list any other tower you find is killing FPS.

my fps was at 60. 55-60 when attacking with anything, like arrows, but also flame. Flame had no bad effect on my pc, not with one, not with 3. but one ice brought down that 55-60 to 45-50 and 3 ices took it to 40-45. it was 30 on undead. I will see what happens if I spamm the entire map with ice now :)

5min later, Results: I entered lv 60 with the entire maze spammed with Ice. Normaly my pc would lag down to 1fps, and if it'd be say water tower (superfast) perhaps 0,5 fps. but now I'm having one frame every minute ;) what a lagfest.

How much lag does Gunpowder cause? I will look into fixing Ice. If you encounter any other towers, do let me know.

Just about a little less then ice.

But if I look in another direction (not on my spawning location) my fps will increase again.

I will look into Gunpowder as well. Both Ice and Gunpowder abilities have configuration options that will allow me to adjust performance. This should be an easy fix.

have not tested gunpowder or flame yet.

normal fps is about 60 or so. When I fill 4 and 5 with amplified water towers the fps goes down to about 20-25. When i fill it with ice towers its about a 10 fps drop from that, about 10-15.

jolin's replay was also a lagfest for me. Kaini's got us beat! Guess it's because of my subpar graphics card...

I did a vhsrsmcm with holepercent and kaini. Ice proved to be able to kill someone with it's lag even in a normal game. (and not only cause i did -gold 999999 and spammed the entire map). Lag made me unable to switch the ice for quark when darkness came.

Edit: added the replay.

beta 11 vhsrsmcm icelag.w3g

ice towers really result in massive lag.. we went down to 0.2fps..

flame tower doesn't affect my fps much.. gunpowder slightly but not as much as ice..

I was able to double my FPS with 20 Ice Towers out by modifying the configuration options. I was also able to achieve significant FPS gain with 20 Gunpowder Towers by modifying options, and reducing fragments from 3 to 2 (and buffing damage to 150 to compensate).

It sounds like Flame isn't causing too much lag (and it shouldn't based on what it does). Hopefully this takes care of the FPS problems then (unless another tower also causes lag).

It was mentioned that Water Towers can reduce FPS more than normal when massed. If someone would like to compare their FPS between 3.0 and 4.0 PB when massed, that would be great. Results of a test like that will determine how much we can do (3.0 didn't have any fancy triggers really, so if it lags just as bad there...).

Regardless of whether code can be optimized or not, we can further increase FPS globally by reducing over the top special effects. For instance, the biggest boost to FPS from modifying Gunpowder was changing the explosion graphic from the Mortar Team projectile to one that doesn't have such an intense effect (not to mention how it scorches the ground).

Sign in to follow this