Posts posted by WindStrike
Apologies for the late response. Hop into the Discord and shoot me a ping, and we'll chuck you the tester role.
Kills on each tower already exists, it's on the right side of the stats block.
Damage might actually be possible, I would also like this feature, as well as something that feeds into a larger statistics/charting system. We'll look into it.
Got a feature you want added to the game? Suggest it here! We may not add everything here, but we'll take it into consideration for eventual implementation. I'll be compiling a list of stuff we'll likely implement here.
Shift + Drag to select a group of squares (suggestion by dvdlesher):
Highlighting over multiple empty area + selecting the a tower to have the builder create same towers in the selected built area.
I saw that while I'm shift clicking to build multiple same tower, if I didn't click but drag+mouse down instead, I see areas being selected, and that's where the idea comes from. (see image below, where I tried doing that after building the first two light tower)
Sounds good enough to me! Join our Discord server (click here), and whenever Karawasa returns from existence, he can promote you to the Tester role so you can actually try it out. Feel free to ping him or myself directly on there.
Want to be a tester for Element TD 2? Request here in this thread!
For now, we're only accepting veteran players with experience and a history with previous versions of this game. Bonus points if you've played multiple versions and/or used to be prolific on these forums!
Once you've been approved, you'll need to be on our Discord (click here!), and from there, Karawasa will promote you to the Tester role and you'll have access to the private #testers channel.
While Element TD 2 is not officially released yet, we have entered the Alpha Testing stage! The game's visuals are incomplete and it has no sound, but otherwise you can choose your game modes and play from start to finish, including boss waves.
This is for approved testers only. If you're interested in joining the testing, request here. If you are an approved tester, you'll be invited to a private discord channel, where we will be periodically releasing new builds and hosting multiplayer tests.
List of Essential Links
- Latest Changelog
- List of Towers
- DPS/Gold Values Chart
- General List of Changes
- Invite Link to ETD 2 Discord
For bug reports and feedback related to Alpha Testing, post in the Test Feedback Forum.
For discussion, questions, suggestions, and everything else, post in this forum.
Fixing post-7.00 bugs & some random balance shenanigans.
- Removed unnecessary 7.00 stuff, aka Talent Tree, Backpack, Glyph, & Radar.
- Fixed 21:9 Aspect Ratio shenanigans.
- Fixed various UI stuffs.
- Fixed Speed creeps only occurring sometimes.
Tweaked the Wave Order
- Wave 28 now has Bulky ability
- Wave 42 changed from Avenger to Bulky
- Wave 49 changed from Nature Avenger to Composite Bulky
- Default frog waves now include Bulky, just like Chaos
- Arrow cost increased from 50 to 100. Damage increased from 35 to 70.
- Cannon cost increased from 50 to 100. Damage increased from 45 to 90.
- Elemental Arrow cost increased from 130 to 225. Damage increased from 105 to 210
- Elemental Cannon cost increased from 130 to 225. Damage increased from 135 to 270
- Dark damage increased from 350 / 2500 / 17000 / 170000 to 360 / 2500 / 17600 / 200000
Earth damage increased from 50 / 350 / 2500 / 25000 to 55 / 385 / 2700 / 27000.
- Pure Earth AoE increased from 150/300 to 200/400.
- Pure Fire range increased from 700 to 900. Projectile speed increased from 2000 to 2500.
Light damage increased from 110 / 770 / 5400 / 54000 to 120 / 840 / 5900 / 59000
- Pure Light range increased from 1500 to 1750
Nature damage increased from 70 / 490 / 3400 / 34000 to 80 / 560 / 3900 / 39000
- Pure Nature range increased from 700 to 900
- Water damage decreased from 100 / 700 / 5000 / 50000 to 90 / 630 / 4400 / 44000
- Periodic damage increased from 36000 to 40000
- Corrosion % amp increased from 11 / 33 / 100 to 15 / 36 / 120. Damage-over-time reduced from 110 / 550 / 1650 to 100 / 500 / 1500. Duration increased from 5 seconds to 7.5 seconds.
- Jinx % amp increased from 5 / 15 / 40 to 6 / 15 / 45
Polar % amp increased from 10 / 27 / 55 to 12 / 27 / 60. Cooldown reduced from 1 to 0.5 seconds; duration reduced from 15 to 10 seconds.
- You no longer need to place them in pairs.
- Min % amp increased from 7 / 21 / 60 to 10 / 23 / 80
- Max % amp increased from 13 / 39 / 110 to 18 / 42 / 140
- Cooldown reduced from 1 to 0.5 seconds; duration reduced from 15 to 10 seconds. Aka, you no longer need to place them in pairs.
Most of this has actually been out for a few weeks now, it just hasn't been noted in patch notes. Tooltips have been applied as well.
Patch is officially live and leaderboard has been reset. Go nuts!
That's true with any tower, because the game only saves each time you clear a wave. Now, if you upgraded those, THEN cleared the wave, and THEN bounced back to the menu and back and it still happened, that's a bug.
There's not really a way to fix this permanently, is there? Maybe auto-prune anything that goes over 10 million, because it's theoretically impossible to reach that by a longshot on either leaderboard?
Likewise, I believe it's impossible to get over 1 million on Express on either version...
Patch 1.15.1 Tweak:
- Removed targeting toggle from Fire Tower (it was buggy for unknown reasons), made it so it just aims for the Highest HP Creep and focuses it till it dies or goes out of range, so it's no longer counteracting its own effect.
- Fire Tower damage increased from 25 / 175 / 1225 / 12250 to 30 / 210 / 1500 / 15000. AoE increased from 150 Full / 300 Half to 200 Full / 400 Half.
Impulse BAT reduced from 1.5 to 1. Damage reduced from 5000 / 25000 / 75000 to 3300 / 16500 / 50000.
- Its DPS is roughly the same, it just fairs way better earlier on.
Since it's two quick buffs and no nerfs, we're not resetting the leaderboard for this.
Nah, that's just how it's listed. Now that you point it out though, there's a number of things that are off w/ the score thingy at the end:
- Your score, should you beat the game, should list the score at the time of completion of Wave 55 (Classic) or Wave 30 (Express), prior to all the bonuses.
- Bonus Wave should list the total you got from beating the Boss Waves at the end, not just the most recent one
Thanks for pointing that out!
We know the in-game leaderboard is broken, but the on-site leaderboard should update. Might take an hour or so.
Patch is live!
Ehhh bit too much of a buff on Undead, it wrecks single-target well enough. The issue with Time Lapse is that it doesn't proc on death, unlike the Dota 2 version.
Not to my knowledge. All of the scores on the leaderboard that are something along the lines of 100 million or higher are all hacked runs or there's an abuse in the game we don't know about.
The reason it's so silly is that the potential of AoE is really really dumb by comparison. Healing needs to be this strong in order to counter AoE. Now, it's definitely the strongest of the creep abilities, followed by Regen and Speed. I suppose I could look into maybe nerfing Healing just a bit, then bumping up some of the weaker abilities, though I think Temporal is permanently in a state of being kinda sucky without a complete rework.
Though I suppose if Healing is getting a nerf, then so does Runic Tower.
Yeah, I've been under the impression for a while now that this tower is pretty overpowered. Thing is though, most people don't know how to use it or where to place it, so most people actually believe it's underpowered. Been trying to figure out a way to apply better balance with it so that it's definitely nerfed, but also receive a simultaneous buff. The actual damage output, even if buffed, I don't think would be bad, because there's a number of towers that are easily better for single-target, so next patch, we could bump its damage, and drop its effect.
Though, we'll also need to adjust a particular achievement's viability, cause to my knowledge, it's only possible to achieve via the power of Money tower.
Yeah, Geyser Tower's ability is temporary, hence why it's not really listed on the changelog. We're looking into alternate ideas/fixes for it. At the moment, it's like more focused version of Flamethrower Tower, though the total damage it deals is far less if it can't land a killing blow.
Annnd derp on Ice Tower, thanks fer catchin' that. Glad to know ya like things thus far.
EDIT: Oooh I see what it is on Ice Tower, it's updated to 900 in local builds, but not on ETD Test yet. It'll be another day or so until I can apply latest changes to there, currently don't have access to my desktop computer.
Light + Dark + Water is how I pull off the Minimalist Maximus achievement, lol. Rush a Hail Tower in the middle, put a Poison Tower or so on the double-pass to the left of it (well, on Grove), get a Trickery and place it in between 'em. Rush Level 2 Hail, then get Water 3 next so you can get a Water 3 Tower (eventually Water 4), then get Dark 3 to upgrade the Poisons to Level 3, then get Light 3. Twill let ya figure out the rest from there.
FYI, it's far more efficient to upgrade ASAP rather than spam many towers; however, usually running with only a handful for most builds doesn't work early on. This is one of the few builds that can, though the downside is despite its insane damage efficiency throughout the waves, it's not the strongest against the Boss Waves at the end.
Admittedly, this balance of the game does have its flaws, though it's very difficult to fix them due to the structure of the game. It seems most people like the balance, hence why we haven't attempted a redo of the balance structure (which would takes months of testing). In the meantime, twill try to mainly buff the weak towers of the game, nerf the stupidly OP ones, etc.
AoE of 50 does virtually nothing, tried it in testing. I vote nerfing damage to 600.
In an effort to re-expand this game's community, we've decided to forgo the old ways of keeping the test map & WIP patch notes private and let the broader community try out the new things in advance, instead of a spontaneous patch every few weeks saying "hey guys, we actually updated for once!" Note that ETD Test scores do not upload to the leaderboard, but you're welcome to try it in order to prepare for the new patch.
In general, regarding ETD Test, once the WIP Patch Notes go up, expect it to be updated roughly every few days. Right after a patch officially releases, it'll probably a week or so before a new version goes up, as we transition to a new thought process and goal for said version.
Patch 1.15, aka the patch of Tower Reworks and ETD Test going public!
- ETD Test is now public! Currently, it's identical to 1.15; however, expect a myriad of changes to test out in the coming weeks. You can check it out here!
Fire has a new ability. For each consecutive attack on the same target, it gains 30 AoE. Resets on switching targets. By default, it now shoots the Highest HP Creep in range and shoots it until it dies or goes out of range.
- Damage increased from 20 / 140 / 980 / 9800 to 30 / 210 / 1500 / 15000
- AoE increased from 150 Full / 300 Half to 200 Full / 400 Half
Water got its old ability back! That is, if there's another creep within 250 Range, the attack will do a single bounce dealing 25% damage.
- AoE decreased from 200 Full to 100 Full / 200 Half
- Damage increased from 65 / 455 / 3200 / 32000 to 100 / 700 / 5000 / 50000
- Fire has a new ability. For each consecutive attack on the same target, it gains 30 AoE. Resets on switching targets. By default, it now shoots the Highest HP Creep in range and shoots it until it dies or goes out of range.
Poison has a new ability. All creeps hit within its AoE now take Damage-Over-Time.
- Damage reduced from 400 / 2000 / 10000 to 200 / 1000 / 5000
- DoT lasts for 10 seconds and deals 80 damage per second
Ice has a new ability. The primary target of its attack is now mini-stunned for a short duration. Note that after a creep has been stunned, it cannot be stunned again for 1.2 seconds.
- It is no longer a line-drive/cone attack. That said, it can no longer Attack Ground because it's no longer valid.
- AoE is now 100 Full / 200 Half
- Range increased from 550 to 900
- Damage increased from 360 / 1800 / 9000 to 800 / 4000 / 20000
- Stun Duration is 0.15 / 0.25 / 0.4 seconds
Moss AoE reduced from 150 Full / 300 Half to 100 Full / 200 Half. Its ability damage has been increased from +1% per 2% HP, to +1% to 1% HP. Aka, its damage against Full HP Targets is increased from x1.5 to x2.
- Damage increased from 180 / 900 / 4500 to 400 / 2000 / 10000
Magic now has 50 Full AoE and is no longer straight up inferior to tech rushing max level Dark. Against Undead/Temporal or get any slowing, and its damage output will skyrocket. Also has a flashy new impact visual.
- Damage decreased from 350 / 1750 / 8750 to 300 / 1500 / 7500
- Vapor damage per creep increased from 25 / 125 / 625 to 30 / 150 / 750
Geyser has a new ability. When it kills a target, it now causes a torrent, hitting nearby creeps. Torrents don't proc torrents.
- BAT decreased from 1 to 0.66
- Poison has a new ability. All creeps hit within its AoE now take Damage-Over-Time.
Ephemeral's ability now scales with its level.
- Level 1, drops down to a minimum of 40% damage.
- Level 2, drops down to a minimum of 60% damage.
- Level 3, drops down to a minimum of 80% damage. Also reduced its damage from 33000 to 30000
- Haste's projectile speed increased from 1000 / 1000 / 1000 to 1000 / 2000 / 4000
Impulse BAT decreased from 1.5 to 1. Damage reduced from 4000 / 20000 / 60000 to 3300 / 16500 / 50000.
- Its DPS is roughly the same.
Quake's ability, namely the extra HP shave, has been reduced from 2% / 4% / 6% to 1% / 2.5% / 4%
- It deserved that and you all know it.
Hail damage increased from 800 / 4000 / 12000 to 900 / 4500 / 13500. Ability now scales with its level.
- Level 1, has 15% crit chance and requires 14 attacks to proc shockwave
- Level 2, has 20% crit chance and requires 13 attacks to proc shockwave
- Level 3, has 25% crit chance and requires 12 attacks to proc shockwave
- Ephemeral's ability now scales with its level.
Unfortunately, due to all the tower reworks, the updated Challenge Mode won't make it into this patch, gonna aim for the next one. In the meantime, enjoy Patch 1.15!
EDIT: Applied Patch 1.15.1 Hotfix to fix targeting issues on Fire and tweak Impulse.
Ah-hah, I knew Quake 1 was too stronk! I just suck too much to utilize it! Well played sir!
... except someone one-upped you.
Though yeah, Quake is sooooooo getting nerfed a bit next patch.
Woops, yer right, totally didn't double-check that. Thaaaat would explain why that tower still feels kinda weak later. Thanks for pointing it out!
Request to be a Tester
in General Discussion
As we're aiming to release soon, applications for new testers is now closed. Thank you everyone that's joined on our internal testing!