EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
echinodermata

Links on Main Page

I don't visit that much anymore, but when I do, I can never find the link to the forums. Okay, it takes me ten seconds more than it should. No big deal, right? That much time is still enough to cause all the skimmers out there to lose their attention. Hint: Attention is what you want.

'Return to homepage' could easily just be 'Home', 'Download the map file' could be 'Download' (or at least 'Download EleTD'), 'Visit the community forums' could be 'Forums', and so on.

--------------------------------------------

Also, the main page is really wide (this is probably caused by the wide picture at the top of the screen).

About the links: Yes, you are absolutely right.

you're right about the links, for attention. Maybe change Chat channel and forums to fontsize 72 :P

only eletd places I go except eletd.com/forum is eletd.com/chat.html and eletd.com/creep-waves.php and eletd.com/triple-towers.php and sometimes eletd.com/dual-towers.php

Isn't seo about optimizing text that is not visible to the user? Why mess up the gui, do some text in white on white or behind a picture. :)

Isn't seo about optimizing text that is not visible to the user? Why mess up the gui, do some text in white on white or behind a picture. :)

There is non-visible text that can be optimized, but mostly to do with meta information(site title and description).

The vast majority of optimization is focused on the content of your site(i.e. visible). How often do keywords come up, in what frequency, in relation to what other keywords etc..

Now there is something called Black Hat SEO where you purposely have text that isn't visible to anyone but crawlers and that is designed to increase your page rank. However, this is frowned up heavily and you can get penalized and even removed completely from searches for doing this(Google is smart about this). It basically is cheating if you think about it.

Sign in to follow this