EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest XFIRE

Element TD Tournament!

Guest XFIRE

Hello guys, I'm here representing your affiliates Eurobattle.net ( http://www.eurobattle.net ) and we're here to let you know about a great upcoming tour at our server, which we think will attract people from this community.

Hope I'm writing this in the correct part of the forum, as I didn't find any section where I could come with this kind of offer..

We're organizing a lot of tours every day, every week, ladder ones, and also custom games tour, once per week / 2 weeks.

This week's turn is no other tour but the ELEMENT TD tour, so we thought you would be happy to read this and participate in it!

Here the thread for tour applications / registrations will be opened: http://www.eurobattle.net/forumdisplay.php?f=447

What we want to know, is what map should we use? I know the latest is 4.0, but I heard that it has a lot of bugs and 3.0 is more stable? What do you suggest?

Also, we're very happy to invite you to participate in that tour yourself, we could use some ELEMENT TD pros, and I'm sure you'll find competition on our server, so go kick some asses :P

Write down here, any suggestion about this tour ( what map should we use, how should we organize it, brackets etc ), we'll surely take them in consideration.

Best regards from Eurobattle.net,

XFIRE :)

What a great idea. :)

Edit - You will be using 1.21a? Or 1.21b? Or 1.22a?

i would hardly say 4.0 has "a lot of bugs". I haven't witnessed any real gameplay issues except maybe once in a blue moon.

I hear 4.0 is more balanced too.

...not that i'm like, biased or anything *hardly remembers 3.0 at all*

also, people would be very happy if you used very hard mode.

also, people would be happy if you found a way to incorporate both all pick and same random modes.

rather SR than AP. but even better is both =p. Then again, maybe my memories of AP are skewed by only doing 4-pick builds for ronald hunts. That was quite a challenge. Maybe 6-element AP builds are too overpowered...

then again it'd be multiplayer anyways. So I know nothing of the game in that respect xD

VeryHard Samerandom should be the modes, definitly.

Pick doesn't work cause some players here can hunt ronalds (even on veryhard) for several hours, maybe days, and it's more boring too and everyone does the same.

Chaos mode, Short mode, Competitive mode should not be on imo.

4.0 is the better too, even though 4.0pb is not finished it is still better than 3.0.

So - 4.0 Public Beta - VeryHard - SameRandom

Guest XFIRE
What a great idea. :)

Edit - You will be using 1.21a? Or 1.21b? Or 1.22a?

We're currently using 1.21a and we'll update to 1.22 but not now, as we're preparing some special project ( anti maphack system ).

So, we'll run on 4.0 version.

Have you decided which mode? How to organize - 2 semifinals and then a final?

Btw you're welcomed to play, here's the installer: http://w14.easy-share.com/3888641.html

And here you can create a new server account: http://app1.eurobattle.net/register

Pick is a bit boring, as the build ballance doesn't work yet, so only one build works well.

AR will never work. That's why I'd go for SR or TR (tournament random).

And I think you won't find big support for anything easier than vh here. ;)

As for seeding, we should discuss that here. We are allready working on that matter and have a nearly finished concept. You can meet me and jolin012 in the irc to discuss seeding.

Guest XFIRE

Alright, we'll discuss about it there.

Btw, it would be recommended to create forum accs too, since the winner will receive award on forum ( prize ) too.

Guest Herr

Hello. I am with XFIRE from Eurobattle.net :D

On 4.0 PB, is there any known bug with level 9 (dark ranger, ress)? Because on fullhouse games, 70-80% of them (all created by me), all players got dropped from gameroom on the middle of that level..

That's a known problem/bug: The pb undead routine uses to much cpu, so the game can get very laggy on undead waves. This is why it's a bad idea to play full games for tournaments. ;)

Guest ciopo

it's the fearsome "undead lag": mobs with ankh + aoe towers + ??? = mass lag/DC

Guest Herr
That's a known problem/bug: The pb undead routine uses to much cpu, so the game can get very laggy on undead waves. This is why it's a bad idea to play full games for tournaments. ;)

Dear god, damn those unholy minions. :shock:

Tell me, will a better host with stronger connection/cpu help? Because I myself didn't experience any kind of "lag" - graphical.

I would be glad if we were able to find the source of this problem, in a way to avoid this mess on tournaments...

A strong host helps a lot. I don't remember having had that lag when hosting myself. And all the occaisions I experienced it wa with an unknown player hosting.

Simply play a public game and check if it lags, easy enough to find out. :)

Guest Timberwolf

I've had the undead lag bug too, but only if I try hosting with a full house. If I cut the field back to 4 I've never had it happen once. I should try 6, see if there's a middle ground that works.

Best way to avoid it would be not to play 8 players/game. When I host, I have came across this probably less than 1 or 2% of my games, maybe because (by lv9) we're always less than 8 ppl. When I host 8player games on shortmode, the very first level has res, and never has there been mass disconnection due to that as far as I remember.

- So, if there's no strong tournament host, I could host my games, If you want

But ofcourse in finals we need a Host who is not participating.

sorry, i'm still a little confused -_-;;;

what does xx:xx ST mean? "Standard Time"? never used this term before...

(disclaimer: I'm not at home and haven't run the installer for your pvpgn 1.21a client, maybe there's a /time command there or something)

(edit: seem like xfire replied while i was typing)

ST is Server Time, and server time, is known by typing /time on the server, just like you mention, details like this I found in the original thread on eurobattle .net that xfire linked to

Registration procedure initiated!

Register here: http://www.eurobattle.net/showthread.php?t=74870

Good luck!

edit: seem like xfire replied while i was typing

no good. tried a full reinstall, then updating to 1.21a, then isntalling the eurobattlenet client, and got the same 1.18 version error that others were. Read the stickied FAQ thread, tried the solution, still no good.

Cisz and jolin better take this one ^^;

Sign in to follow this