EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest inDe_eD

Does lwfd work anymore in 4.0??

Guest inDe_eD

The tornado doesnt slow nearly as much and the ice tower (light/water) is a single target, instead of splash.

Also when you use this build, you make storm/corrosion/ice , but then what do you use for damage ?

LWFD

Duals: ice,electricity,trickery,kindle,poison,magic

Triples: windstorm,hail,jinx,corrosion

trickery, corrosion, windstorm,ice (maybe even jinx can be considered) are the are support/slowing towers.

hail, (jinx,) magic, kindle, poison and electricity are damage dealing towers.

NB. I do not recommend this build.

IF you want to play the build, try the towers, out. what works? what doesn't? then you have the chance to learn the other towers of the build too, how they work, and you can figure when you would need them, in a different build or in a random game.

the new lwfd isn't as strong as the 3.0's build but it is still a decent build..

break out of the 3.0 mindset. try different towers and builds. play in random mode and just try and experiment with all the towers and slowly move into the builds.

the 'easier' builds you could try are DNEW and LFNW. Both these builds feature 2 aoe slowing.

Guest inDe_eD

what about something like roots+muck and then some dmg in there?

the 'easier' builds you could try are DNEW and LFNW. Both these builds feature 2 aoe slowing.

Im kinda new here but I think stuff like DNEW means u get those elements lvl 1 then after that get them again lvl 2? Where else do ur lumber go to?

Guest ma23

i like to get dark, earth (gun), fire, water (gun->muck), nature (gun ->roots). by now its about lvl 30.

the fire is just there to deal with nature rounds since gun is earth. should have about 45 lives at lvl 30 which is not bad since this strat doesn't rely on interest or use life towers.

Guest inDe_eD
i like to get dark, earth (gun), fire, water (gun->muck), nature (gun ->roots). by now its about lvl 30.

the fire is just there to deal with nature rounds since gun is earth. should have about 45 lives at lvl 30 which is not bad since this strat doesn't rely on interest or use life towers.

Is this very hard?

DNEW means a build with those 4 elements. you'll finish with 3 lvl 3 elements and a lvl 2 element.

Thanks, so im guessing the lvl 3 elements make pures/dual towers?

Guest Sancdar

Depending on the build and your difficulty level you can throw in some pures or interest picks instead of the full 11 elements. For instance, DNEW can probably end the game with some Pure Water towers backed by Well3 and not really have any trouble.

Guest inDe_eD

I tried out the DNEW and i used mire+thorns for slow and flesh golem upgrades for damage (i used the carrion swarm towers there for damage also but they seem so crappy) and then i had 2 pure waters. I got to lvl 57 (i think) and then it was dark+barrier and they just barrier past everything and i ended up losing. is there somehow u can do anything to prevent them from just barriering past, its so lame

would be good if you could post a replay of the game.. it's be easier for us to advice you on the build. or at least provide the element order and towers that were in play.

when i did DNEW, i used 1 pure water and 1 pure earth.

You are talking about wave 58 - dark mechanical, right? That one goves me nightmares too. Pure water just won't kill them. Holepercent is right, you should go for a different element with the second pure.

I found 3 ways to defeat mech:

-Be so strong that all creeps just die (overbuild). Normally this doesn't work.

-Hove some towers that have long range and some strategically placed single target slows on long pass (like at 3 and 9) to catch the leaks that got away. Impulse is great for that.

-Play your damage on long pass, which won't work if you don't go aoe slow happy. The shields don't last that long, even without slow they can't get through a long pass shielded. For example: A single nova at 5 can solo wave 24 (water mechanical).

Oh, you understand the terms "long pass" and "at 3"? If not, look here or ask us. :)

Guest inDe_eD

Yeah I know about long pass and 3/9 is like at those corners there (numpad stuff). Also thx for the tips ill look for some long range stuff maybe gun or something we'll see.

@holepercent:

I didnt save replay but i order of elements were: DNWE (lvl1) - DEWN (lvl2) - DNW (lvl 3) My reasoning was that i thought the disease towers (that release the plagues) would work well but they sort of failed me when my damage was disease+poison tower, both being dark. Which are good damage towers in this build? I used flesh golem+disease+poison, are there any other good ones?

Towers i used were: Muck+Roots+Flesh Golem+Disease+Poison+Wells, they were all at 4 for twopass

i'll cut disease out. Towers to add could be mushroom (combined with well), maybe hydro and gunpowder.

i'm working on my WDNE no leak replay on the public beta. (i did it earlier with a private beta). still needs some refinements to cut out a small number of leaks here and there...

Guest inDe_eD

alright thanks just let me know when you've got the replay.. I'll try out hydro because I thought that % chance towers would screw me over if they didn't proc enough

Guest Ubernuber

2-3 Impulse towers at 5 can do lots to help versus mechanical enemies, since they cover almost the whole map. They must obviously be microed carefully to do maximum damage. Oh yeah, and they suck versus Ronalds ^^

I tried placing impulses on the ledge at 9, but I failed badly (they don't cover enough ground to do enough damage early game).

One general thing that I noticed is that you can just about forget doing one-passes in 4.0, except against your favored damage type. Mechanical enemies are also really giving me headaches, just as undead. Versus undead, area of effect damage tends to work fairly well (early game: correct element cannons).

Trickery towers are very useful, but also tricky to use. You basically need a big bad damage dealing tower of all damage types available to you, then you just build trickery towers. They're cheaper, and the transformation lasts _just_ long enough to sufficiently damage a wave. Alternatively, you can transform early, then the mana recharge is done just in time for a second transformation, if you use a long two pass placement (upper 6 area).

Guest ma23

i have noticed that poison doesnt quite work all the time. its described like the old sun tower but often times i dont see it hit each creep in the line. i see this mostly when the creep it is targeting is moving away from the poison tower.

@indeed, try to ditch the lvl 3 elements and get each lvl 1 since the periodic is by far the best tower. it has the range and damage and speed of a nature tower (the highest damaging single target tower) with the splash of a fire tower on top. and then it is a composite tower so it can kill everything quite nicely.

regardless of strategy, if i am able to get a periodic down, i will finish the game (given you dont just stop spending right there).

if you want the lvl 3 doubles, i suggest gun, hydro and mushroom. I use gun on mechanical rounds, and mushroom has best damage (even for a single target tower). although it may depend on your strategy, 3 hydros may be better than a lvl2 hydro (the 'stun' is very nice).

Sign in to follow this