EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
electronX

Pures vs. Periodic

In beta8, I saw the following:

- Pure nature $20K has a damage of 125K, dealt more often but for single target

- Periodic $16K has a damage of 100K, dealt to 1-5 target with normal speed.

Either Nature is weak or the periodic is strong.

I also don't like that pure towers cost $20K while the periodic is cheaper. In no-sell games it's way easier to build periodic. And it is also strong against composite levels.

Guest 1mpulse

yeh but you gotta sacrifice to get the periodic by taking all elements.

Guest IonCannon

just played a random and ended up with all the elements. thought it was nice to have a big damage tower like periodic without a lvl 3 element. but i did think that it was a bit overpowered for the price.

maybe lessen the range a bit?

yeh but you gotta sacrifice to get the periodic by taking all elements.

Sacrifice? Sacrifice what? tier 2/3 elements? For the cost you also get new towers, have all supporting towers at tier 1, periodic, plus that you have 5 elements left for tier2 and 3 stuff, maybe 6 level 1, 5 level 2. that's 4 tier 2 super triples, 2 tier 2 super duals and 4 tier 1 super triples and 1 tier 1 super dual.

maybe it's not really a sacrifice anyway?

I can't say my oppinion, as i havn't yet tested it

Guest 1mpulse

jolin pwns me all the time.

if i had all elements level 3, i would pick pure water of periodic still.

plus i actually have a hard time with all 6 elements :(

i dont feel like its over powered anyway. hardly anyone builds it

Guest Sancdar

6 elements --> L3D3 --> cloned periodics when you get your first pure --> $6k for 100k damage zomg

The choice is generally between having Periodic available or having a tier 3 dual/superdual. 4-element builds are probably the most common, with an outside element for support. That's 9 picks. You can spend 1 on getting periodic and then have 1 point for interest or something (can't pick pure without level 3 in an element), or you can spend 2 on a tier 3 and just take regular pures.

Sign in to follow this