EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
jolin012

[Beta 8] Creep spawn bug still exists.

Looks like lupus can be excluded after all...

Er, well, let's imagine, just imagine, there could be a "insignificant" probability that this "insignificant" abomination of bug does not gets solved or "insignificantly" makes it somehow to the public beta without in first instance we noticing, like it looks cured but is still lurking somewhere and infiltrates our games from time to time.

Wouldn't it be an "insignificantly" good idea to program some kind of backdoor for the next wave timer. I mean something like a second counter, like: From the point on wave N starts, if after 90 secs. timer for wave N+1 has not started it will force wave N+1 after the typical between round delay. Just in case, you know.

N be any natural number from 1 to 60.

I mean, its better to start late then not make it to the end, right? :wink:

Signed;

Dr. HOUSE

Guest LightningLord

Just change the Builder's HP to 1337, because it's a bit fun^^

@ Offtopic: If it is about posting random numbers here I could post a few as well. (Irony) We just give the builder 60 hp, make him loose 1 hp per wave and die painfully on wave 61 :twisted: .

(this post is a joke, don't answer it and let's stop posting random numbers for the sake of it, back ontopic plz)

Guest 1mpulse

woah. but what if you build during ronald.

either way that sounds pleasantly evil :P

Guest gooface

well i havent seen this... or maybe i dont notice it...

The no-spawn bug appears once each 20-30 games, I played 50+ tests and just got it twice. There was a Undead-wave bug which i am excluding of this review, because it is solved and because I didn't got that bug even once.

If you would have got the bug you would notice, when the last creep of a wave dies, the multiboard runs like if some creeps are still alive and the next wave won't start. I think to remember that even the -level chatcode stops working. The bug somehow disables the wave starting triggers (or something like that). :roll:

I have been watching closely to my replays and jolin012's replay. There is no way to tell if it is a certain creep type or tower responsible for making it appear or not, i tried to discart towers, no way. There is not a single tower appearing on all 3 replays, shooting at the moment the bug ocurred (basically doing the last hit) or having its effects lasting.

The only common thing I noticed is that it seems to appear more likely on 5 or 6 element builds with tons of towers and graphic effects, specially with many diverse towers.

My suspicion is that it is somehow related to multiple effect creation on wc3 engine (i got no clue on programing, so my word does not really counts on this matter). Anyways, if this would be the case it would be almost logical that it is more likely to appear on full multiplayergames (more players) and more on random (-ar, -sr) games.

So, in worst case scenario we may have a bug appearing all 12-15 full house b-net games on random. Most tests runned by testers are for obvious reasons in solo or with a low player amount, if the game is public released with such a bug it would be really troublesome.

This is more a concern then a proved reality, so the actual scenario is probably not so bad, but still reason to think about.

Guest emjlr3

we have gon through great lengths to try and remedy this

hopefully it will be fixed for the next release

...it would be almost logical that it is more likely to appear on full multiplayergames (more players)...

yes but it would not be as easy to notice, as the next wave will start anyway, when someone else than the affected player finishes the wave.

I remember to have tried to use -level code and it got blocked.

It wont work this way, it looks more like a creep is alive when in reality it is dead.

Lets hope it is fixed on b9.

Sign in to follow this