EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
jolin012

Well known shortenings

I'm tired of hosting veryhard samerandom game and i can't type the entire name so i shorten it EleTD VH SR and most people understand nothing.

I'm also tired of joining a game called Element TD and after the game has started it appears the host forces VeryEasy Hero Mode.

I don't blame the others that don't know the shortenings VE/VH SR and so because they never had the chance to learn them. I sugguest that when clicking the dialog boxes they shall read something like "VeryHard (VH)" instead of just "VeryHard" and then the message comes "The host has decided he doesn't like Extreme mode (X)"

If Etd4 becomes a great success maybe ppl will learn that "EleTD VH SR X" means Element TD VeryHard SameRandom eXtreme" (maybe EXtreme (EX) is easier for ppl do understand

The dialog menus are already long enough, but it would be possible to implement this in the game messages that display the modes. Good suggestion.

I got a better idea. (I hope so)

Give the builder 4 passive skills on the second line:

1 has an icon of the letters "ve" or "e" or "n" or "h" or "vh"

Skill description: Your difficulty is ........ (shortcut), and list of settings

1 has an icon of the letters "p" or "ar" or "sr" or "tr"

Skill description: Your element spawning is ........ (shortcut), and list of settings

1 has an icon of the letters "n", "sh", "cm",...

Skill description: Your gamemode is ........ (shortcut), and list settings

And one last icon that shows the gamespeed.

Done this way after maximum of 3 games everybody will remember, the icons shouldnt be too hart to do as well and shouldnt have much impact on filesize.

,. if we want more than one place to make it seen it could be in passive skills line aswell as somewhere typed on the ground, just like eletd.com is typed behind the research center, but the more info we but into the map, the harder it will be for people to remember anything.

Guest ma23

most of my games are named: eletd 4 vhard srand

any fancier than that, you may as well play solo or private games cause i think it would be a huge turnoff for new players.

Sign in to follow this