EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Well Towers

mrchak:

Well Towers ought to have a faster mana regen. They run out of mana awfully fast. Furthermore, it seems that when you upgrade them, the higher levels run out of mana even faster.

Guest xSolmyRx

That was in the Bug reports, right?

That's the only thing I noticed, that also bothered me from the section. Otherwise, everything else was seemingly all right.

Guest sillyboy_tomato

I agree.

I think there should be no more mana cost to casting the speedy buff thing

I like that idea a lot, it can apply to Enchantment towers as well. Gone will be the mana cost. Instead, the cooldown of the spell will be its limit.

Guest Sancdar

I think it's good to have mana on the Enchantment Towers, because they have multiple spells. Even with the Well Towers, it allows you to buff X towers a level and no more, so sometimes you're saving mana up because you know in 10 seconds 3 of your towers are going to lose their buffs.

Well towers could do the perfect role enhancing other towers mana regeneration, so you could choose between autocast increasing other towers speed, or, if you are using more tidal and nova, it could autocast boost them up with mana reg. (at least, this towers gain low benefit from increased speed, right? mana would be far more interesting). Nova seems anyways to be limited at the moment more by skillcooldown then by mana, but it could be re-adjusted.

Guest Sancdar

I've thought about suggesting that for a while. The only problem is that the waay flesh golems work would probably need a retrigger. I am a fan of spells being more mana-regen based than cooldown based, though.

The enchantment tower + well tower combination could really get interesting with manaregen… + nova + tidal… sounds like a posible future ldfn strategy…

I think no one beated the 4 element challenge with these elements, am I wrong?

Guest mrchak

There's ways to prevent the mana regen from affecting the flesh golem towers - they can have a classification that the spell cannot target(Organic, for example) or something like that.

I dig the 2 spells for well tower. I like having multiple options for the autocast spells.

Not to mention that its a well, and wells refresh you and thats what Moon wells do in wc3 to begin with!

Guest sillyboy_tomato

So? don't give mana to the well tower? IS there such script that allows you to cast it for 0 mana?

Guest GipFace

I don't like the idea of 0-mana spells. If this is what people want, simply make the Well tower have a speed aura.

Guest Tigershark]T-T[

Actually, to me it makes sense to have higher levels of well towers EITHER use less mana per cast OR have a shorter cooldown (in addition to speeding up more). This way, an upgrade totally makes sense. 0-mana is somehow, I don't know....n00bish ^^

If you give your towers 0 mana and the skills 0 mana cost, the only thing you encourage is that you can post wherever you want those towers.

Limited mana and mana cost encourages intelligent posting of towers, and adds an additional way tu buff other towers. In fact, i think that there are many ways to improve the role mana plays in the game and make some towers more interesting.

The well tower should cast speed-up buff when creeps are nearby (this way your welltowers are not spending all of their mana while no creep is around to kill), and make the effect stay no longer than the time creeps need to do half way through the maze (so that, like tidal T does, it makes sense to post the well T on a smart 2pass location).

Guest Sancdar

Well only autocasts on towers that are attacking.

What bothers me with well is that it speeds the undead towers summons. Would be great if it would ignore them like it does with the summoning towers units.

Sign in to follow this