EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mrchak

Interest Accrual change

Interest payments based on average gold balance?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest mrchak

I was thinking that for interest, rather than every 15 seconds having it check the player's current gold and doing a %, it should do a calculation every second, then at the end of the 15 seconds give interest based on the average gold the player had during that 15 second interval.

That way you wouldn't have people SELLING stuff right before 15 second mark, and accruals / interest payments would be more fair.

Guest xSolmyRx

Referring to the new version, it could possibly work, but I just don't see that in 3.0... if it were to ever change.

I think it's fine as is.

People take risks selling just before 15th second. And have to rebuild constructions elsewhere, in order to kill leaked spawns in time, from selling towers just for interest.

Guest xSolmyRx

I sense it heading that way, too. *Refrains* :P

Guest Sancdar

I don't see a reason to change it. I'm fond of interest-whoring, at least through the early game. It's also the one thing that makes -random winnable even if you're getting crap elements. Interest-whoring takes a little skill and planning too, especially if you're getting some lag delay. My final argument is that it's the one thing that makes ETD more active than standard TDs. I hate sitting through games like Gem TD where you build your towers and then just wait for the mobs to walk through and die. In ETD, I can micro my interest or certain towers of mine (last-hitters, poison towers, acid towers), but not both. Either way I'm just DOING a lot more in this game, and I'd prefer it to stay like that.

One good thing about this map is, that you have to micro to play it effectively.

Right now, on a good day and with proper wind conditions, I can make as much as 10-20% extra gold by microing (sell/rebuild) and knowing how much to build.

By changing the interest rules, you would hurt the skilled players. :shock:

How about this:

[irony]

-Remove interest.

-Make the next wave start when the last player finishes.

[/irony]

Like in Blizzard TD, the result will totally hurt the most skilled player. They have no reason to play skilled, as they can't play fast anyway. All have to wait for the last noob to finish leaking. And if they don't spend their gold and/or have to wait, there is no interest to reward them.

Eletd can be a micro heavy map, as it actually rewards skill. This leads to players trying to get better and better even on the highest skill levels, as you can allways rebuild more on random.

So what is it you want:

( a ) Hurt the skilled players, because you don't play that good? :wink:

( b ) Make the game easier to drive high level players back to DotA? :wink: (And remove the 100% selling of random..)

( c ) Admit that maybe it was not such a good idea..

Guest Ryukira

Cisz is totally right (as always...) because early-game si just so damn boring without the rebuying microing. Seriously, without it you dont even ahve to be near your computer unless u suddenly feel a urge to upgrade a tower..

Guest hyperprimate

When I started playing eletd I didn't like how interest works, thinking it would make more sense if it was continuous like a bank account. However; once I got used to the map I realized it's good as it is, making you more active and the map more rewarding for skilled players. So, because of the reasons stated by others above, I think interest should be left as it is.

On an other note, I'd like to have some sound when the interest comes, not a loud noise, but a discrete tick would be nice.

I always felt the first 10 waves there is a lack of action, so I started microing, but still feel that the start is a bit slow.

I voted for leaving it the way it is because if there is no more micro, the first levels would just get boring and the gameplay would really get ruined, cisz is very clear about that.

What would you think about reducing the 15 sek. mark to 12 seks for the first 10-15 lvls or maybe even until you get your first element?

My Position: As on the first levels rebuild can be done faster that on later game, microing should be more challenging as you need to plan much faster what, where and when to build. It would also save a bit the "OMG I got interest :shock: ... oh just +1 gold"-lagune.

If you attach this to the point when you acquire your first element you would even encourage skilled players to wait untill level 15 to spent lumber so they enjoy fast microing the 15 first levels and get a decent reward for the stress.

Guest Sancdar
:shock: If you get any decent combination of elements early, rebuilding is way faster than through the early levels. Also, if you aren't randoming, rebuilding is like infinitely faster later on :P

I think that having the new system is more realistic. I theory, interest is earned continuously over time, but only credited at a single point in time to reduce confusion. So taking an average is the way to go. Keep in mind, selling towers before the 15th second still has an effect, just not as large.

Guest Sancdar

That depends entirely on whether or not you're dealing with continuous compound interest or limited compound interest - in this case every 15 seconds. There's no reason to have it either way by definition. For example, fifty years ago, banks compounded interest quarterly. That meant that every 3 months, your account would jump as all your interest came in.

Guest mrchak

Lots of good points raised. Truth be told, its REALLy fun to sell everything at the 14 second mark, I do it all the time. I was wondering if this is really a loophole in the game that experienced players are taking advantage of, or if its really a good thing.

People are pretty adamant about this, it seems...

Guest sillyboy_tomato

well It would really add more challenge to it:P

anyways I actually like this idea ^_^ especially on -random people will sell all towers then *blip* high interest then quickly builds

Well i like both ideas.

It's fun to micro.

but it is also fun to only play dont care so much about selling and rebuying.

So my suggestion is Add it as a mode.

Guest Sancdar

You can already play without micro and win the game fine, you just have less money to do it with :D

Sign in to follow this