beta2 : hotkeys

Guest GkJ-mo

im actually playing right now but just noticed the first thing:

U for upgrade is way too much on the right side of the keyboard

id suggest changing the upgrade button to Q which should be available

cisz suggested "upgrade [Q]uality"

im considering punctuation as redundant bytes

Guest czt

don't know... how about else people but I like the hotkeys in this beta...

Most are fine but U is to far right. I have to move my hand for every fricking arrow.

agreed

annoying to move it all the way, and it wont get much better by getting used to that it is there, Q will get used to that it isn't the first letter of the "Name" for the upgrade/sell (and it wont ruin that all have the first letter of the "name" as sell already done that with it's "x")(or can even be changed to [Q]ality upgrade if it has to be the first letter.

Guest DrinkSlurm

I agree. A hotkey within easy reach of the left hand would be desirable.

Guest mrchak

Why not for arrow and cannon have build and upgrade be the same button? R and C. When building super arrow towers a lot at the beginning of the game, It makes me sad to have to use two different hotkeys when it works so well with 1 single button.

Guest Tigershark]T-T[

absolutely. Just got totally fucked up with B4 and the "A" and "U" keys for arrows and upgrading. 2 different hotkeys are kinda bad in my opinion. I liked the old "r" and "c" much better.

With 2 keys, a fast selling/rebuilding is almost impossible.

I disagree in two points. It's 3 hotkeys ("X", "A" ans "U") and the problem is the placement on the keyboard, not the number imo.

But we are together in: Plz change it.

"Q"uality up. Quantum needs a new name then, probably switch it with one of the higher levels. "F"lame has no element in commen with "F"lux and "W"ell none with "W"arp, so both names are possible.

Guest mrchak

(This is slightly off-topic, so I apologize)

What we are forgetting is that Warp, Flux and Quantum have absolutely NOTHING at all to do with Earth+Light. The tower is completely arbitrary. We could call it George the Tower, and it would make just as much sense in the game as any of those other names. I strongly feel that it should be re-evaluated how to make a teleporting tower make sense with the element combinations.

I STRONGLY feel that you should be able to look at any dual tower and say "oh that must be water and light"... it shouldn't be arbitrary, it should make sense. For Rage and Quantum, I think this is really sketchy.

The problem is that 4.0 was developed with towers paired wih elements, rather than elements paired with towers. Originally, the towers made more sense but were less likely to be creative, but now it's the other way around. I wouldn't call it a problem though.

Guest 1mpulse

why does the first letter of the name have to be the upgrade. whats wrong with say, "Quantum[E]"

Guest mrchak

And if the upgrade/build buttons didn't have to be the first letter, then the towers wouldn't have to have stupid names!

Sign in to follow this