EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Magic Towers

Looking for an ability to put onto Magic Towers (DF). Anything is welcome, except for anything movement stopping (like a stun, or making creep walk backwards etc.).

Preferably not something super complex. This would allow me to code it and make a release by Sunday possible.

Guest GkJ-mo

whatever it is, it should not to composite dmg as that was the reason, why the old magic towers were overpowered.

but i cant think of anything fitting to that.. so.. why not just leave it the way it is with either damage or damage-type nerf :)

No complexe all would be Like the rainbow tower in dual.

No skills but have compositive damage.

(Another idea is using the pheinix fire and have it to a random shoot tower. Taking 200 light damage at a pretty fast attack.

And with the random attack with extremly speedy but semi low damage.)

Guest MaoZedong

Make it so that the towers casts a bouncing attack that increases the % dmg taken from the "weak" element against it. EG: The magic towers casts a spell that bounces to 3 units and increases the percentage by 20%? Cooldown could be half a minute or so, making it not-so-owerpowered.

What about a dual summoning tower?

If the tower has i.ex. 43 mana remaining when it starts attacking, it consumes all mana and releases an annihilation sphere that attacks with red lightning multishot and follows the enemies for 4.3 seconds (a tenth of invested mana).

The tower starts at 0 mana to avoid overmicroing. Something like "send the mana out to catch the mobs", sounds nice. What do u guys think?

Guest 1mpulse

percent chance to replenish mana instead of depleting mana (dota skill i know but ya)

or the chance to multicast (originality ftw)

Guest MaoZedong

Perhaps you could combine chances and have 5 different effects, 3 positive and 2 negative?

Perhaps you could combine chances and have 5 different effects, 3 positive and 2 negative?

something like that tower from gem td (forgot the name) ? a tower with a % chance to cast different things?? it's a bit too random for most player's liking... random effects are not really fun. it becomes one of those towers that you don't really like but want/need to have...

Guest MaoZedong

Exactly, perhaps the random part could be worth it with a 5/10 % effect that is great?

Actually we have dual towers slowing, stopping, poisoning, ect. mobs, what I miss is a dual tower with a modest armor reduction, I just dont see how this could fit in a magic tower. Fire+Darkness, maybe blood corruption or a decay skill? Maybe a blinding skill?

About random effects, I prefer to play a low effect + high probability skill then a mega ultra super effect with nearby no chances, it ends up like dinosaur tower did, sometimes you overdamage the mobs, sometimes you leak if you depend on that tower. So, anything over 30% chances per attack (with normal attack speed), can be considered imo as a "no luck depending" tower.

Guest MaoZedong

Ofc, but my suggestion was for a random/"luck" based tower. And as such you could increase the actual probability with another tower (Well, isn't it?).

"luck" based towers are never really considered to be good. players would want their towers to do something that helps then all the time rather than some random event that may or may not happen.

what about this? -3 armour to all creeps in a 400 range. although that doesn't really have any connection with fire/dark or magic towers.

Guest 1mpulse

if its not gonna fit a magic ability theme its gonna need to be renamed too

Sign in to follow this