EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cataras

EleTD more competitive.....

Guest Cataras

I honestly don't think that is a good idea.....

My photo - 3 - story:

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6751/wc...03015251bh5.png

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/8971/wc...03015302xv3.png

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/4371/wc...03015332bh1.png

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/8885/wc...03015420fy6.png

Even today without a league some people can not handle the simple expression of happiness from a first-time winner. What will happen if every game we play will be competitive in a league?

Seriously concerned,

Cataras

I tottally agre with kingzor, and now I really se wy your not the shaman.

Here is the first step to be more polite.

Step 1: Even tought you won and he lost and hes a bit angry and so on and so on. You still can't do or say whatever you want.

So the first step is to admit that you were unpolite.

Step 2: You Do Not need to do this at all, and this is youst tips.

So don't get on a rage when you see this.

Maybe, but your talking about getting the map less competive right?

And if you youst relax and don't care so much what others do, then it would not be a such competive game?

I play a lot and they always rush me, but I don't think its a competiv game I youst get better counterrush them.

Guest GipFace

...Wow, who gives a crap. Seriously.

Even I don't trash talk after a game. I keep it all in-game.

BTW, Shango TW is dumb because the best team is obviously mage+nightelf so you get both auras. Then it's a race to see who gets lv3 units first because all the lv3 units are unkillable due to 50+ armor. LTW is more fun, but... well, there are only three valid ways to beat shamans (mass sniper, scorpion, or static). Plus, in 23.9b and 2.0b, you can build small towers for $200 and sell them for $800.

interesting discussion... but seriously.

i think both sides need to calm down... everyone will have their share of wins and losses...

Guest Cataras
...Wow, who gives a crap. Seriously.

Even I don't trash talk after a game. I keep it all in-game.

Then you most certainly are not familiar with the law. First-Time-Winners always got bragging rights, even on the very next day. You can find this right behind the chapter about teal actually has to be called cyan.

Maybe, but your talking about getting the map less competive right?

I am beginning to think that some of you do not take this serious!

Of course i want Element TD to be more competitive in the future. But not for the cost of the feelings of other people, do you? See - in this case - i represent the normal Bnet player, who will also play in a league if it comes to that institution. Good and even more KingzOr are members of the clan and are supposed to represent the Ele TD community; and i guess we all have to agree - they both slightly fail. So if this is allready the case here without any pressure to proof oneself in a league or ladder what is this world coming to if we actually realize a ladder system and the game is even more competitive than now. KingzOr as a shaman of the clan should stay calm and be quiet and handle things like a shaman but instead he freaks out. I don't blame him - although as far as i remember - weren't "freaking-out-actions" like this the reason i was denied to be shaman - nevermind.

So if a simple goddamn comment allready makes someones eyes leak water, and lets all just pretend we are honest for one second: this will happen every day when there is a league and people will play for rankings etc. And this is my concern - i dont want people to cry about this and i am afraid there are players out there who are even more sensitive than Good and KingzOr that even adding stupid smileys after each insult won't help much.

Still concerned,

Cataras

Guest Sancdar

If you're being an asshole and someone calls you out on it, don't come to the forums and whine about it. From my limited experience with Good I think he's probably kind of a dick, but your screenshots only make you look like more of one.

No comments.

You guys are youst yourself.

((Okay 1 small comment) Youst try to be more polite to eachother and by that I mean both of you.)

Peace out 8)

Guest Cataras

Are you stupid?

Maybe take another glance at the thread title and read again very carefully what i wrote and then STOP WITH THE OFFTOPIC BULLSHIT and please write something to my concerns. Why is everyone making up a huge fight between me and Good and KingzOr or whoever when the topic i started is about the fact that some people might not stand the pressure of a really competitive Element TD. I haven't read a single answer actually regarding the topic this thread is about - instead you guys keep talking about me being an asshole or whatsoever. If you wanna discuss me then start your own thread and don't hijack mine.

So for this thread: Please stick to the topic and shut your biased phony traps about my character and please save your offtopic trashtalk for your own threads.

@Topic: Anyone else concerned about what i wrote in my intro?

Cataras

I think it should not me less competive, I think the ones who can't behave shouldn't have a higher priority to get there wish solved than those who likes to compete and/or can behave.

So I say there is not a problem it is competive, the problem is those who can't behave.

Silly example: If i mistakly spit a chewing gum at someone and he hits me, i hit double back and it ends up a fight... Do you seriously think that chewing gums be disallowed?

Guest Cataras
Yes, I'm concerned with your atitude too.

Didn't you say just yesterday that you wanna ignore me? And today you write on my topic. Hmmm, one of us might be mistaking the meaning of "ignore" plus you are offtopic, too; we're not discussing my attitude we are supposed to discuss my concerns. I dont think that is very appropriate to someone in your position.

@Jolin: Well yeah you are right to some point. Of course the community should get rid of those who misbehave. But: Punishing a misbehaving person in the aftermath of his deed won't restore the damaged feelings of the abused victim. So shouldn't we prevent these sort of incidents before they happen?

To pick up my screenshot-story (by the way, it was all staged since i needed a good example to get your attention): If you punish me - how would this help Good and KingzOr to get over their nervous brakedown. My simple comment intended to be a tiny taunt after a funny game made a monster out of KingzOr. A calm person spitting insults - using the for letter word as if there is no tommorow (thanks to the very good acting on KingzOr's side at this point). Not to mention what happened to Good: He said to me he wasn't making lame excuses although he was. A honest person becoming a liar - sweet jesus! (for those who don't know: Good refused to play his role for a long time since he sweared as a child to never lie at any time - so thanks again for denying your principles and helping me out). Not to mention that they might suffer froom deep post traumatic disorder....

Now even if you punish the "bad guy" (played by me in this case) you cannot heal the emotional scars inflicted to the victims.....

Cataras

I suggest that all people that have a problem with Cataras simply stop playing with him. Problem solved.

Guest Warcryptic

Why is it so hard for people to watch what they are typing. Ok sometimes i can be an ass, or scold or things like that, but then concious and with a reason.

Some people think to high of themselves, also annoying, some think to low on theirselves (thats me, and in real life people also think that it's a problemXD)

Anyway things like those should be easily be controlled on computers/chatboxes, people that allways type like an ass, are most likely an ass, unsaveble whatever you think for them.

Guest Sancdar

So...you're trying to sway peoples opinions with a fake example that ended up backfiring? Guess what, you still kind of fail there. At least I know you didn't have to strain yourself to act that part.

In the various public DotA leagues, nobody's as high-strung as you presented in your screenshots. In the EotA ladder, while many prominent members are complete assholes about most things, even they aren't as bad as you think people will get over a TD. In conclusion, your concerns are basically unfounded and I still think you don't know what you're talking about or how to argue a point.

I have never had a problem with Cataras, but now I have seen others who have. Many of you maybe don't like him but I will still be his friend.

But we don't even know what they are arguing over unless we se a replay.

In sweden we often say "tand för tand, öga för öga."

And that actually means "tooth to tooth, eye to eye."

But what it is saying is that treat others that you wan't to be treathed.

So unless you wan't the game to be competive and fight about it,

you youst play and do your best. I don't think the competive should go down, or maybe a mode were we have more competive then now and another one who is less competive then now.

Guest Cataras
In conclusion, your concerns are basically unfounded and I still think you don't know what you're talking about or how to argue a point.

So let me get this straight:

I make a simple taunt.

First Good and KingzOr argue with me about a simple taunt.

Now we are on the second page because half of the community is offended and whatsoever by a simple taunt.

Some people call me motherless or an asshole about a simple taunt.

And my concerns about the impact of a simple taunt are unfounded?

Cataras

Guest Warcryptic

I have no problem with you. To make that clear. Just tried to make a point, you aren't an ass in my oppinion so you dont qualify for my little theory.

Sign in to follow this