EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Arbite

Favorite TD Besides Element

Guest Arbite

Whats your favorite TD besides Element?

Mine is Wintermaul (Maul)

Guest Warcryptic

I love a variety of that, ltw games and shango. also play gem td sometimes or green td but etd and ltws i play the most

Guest emjlr3

i have played lots

i used to like Burbenog and Zoator a lot, and wintermaul before that

would play silly ones like dbz survivor for fun, just cuz i love dbz

Zoator and Ryoko. Maybe gem.

But all others have gotten mad and imbalanced.

(Took green TD a great example for this.)

Like green TD 1 player tought wtf this is to easy. Lets raise the hp by 300%.

Then another player edites it, and think o noes this is to hard lets make some new towers, and imba ones. O no i made the towers to god. Well its okay ill youst give the creeps 100 armor each.

And in all the green TD's I've never seen any green TD with the poison towers fixed. They all say they bounce, But they doesn't.

my fav after element td would be burb (still trying to find a combination to beat expert reliably for 2 players) ... used to play gem for a while but it got boring once you successfully beat the game >2 times.

have to agree that green td is quite chaotic and imbalanced... (tried the green circle TD?)

i like survivor td / dbz td / counterstrike td / spiral td / ryoko td / hell td / xtd (i finish all of them)

sometimes mauls but too many leavers

Guest Timberwolf

Well I've been playing quite a lot of TD lately, many many different maps. If anything it only has emphasised how good Element TD is, because most of the other ones are pretty terrible for balancing or being able to have fun at it without being a "pro" (which is slang for half human/half cyborg freak). There are a whole lot of them out there and I've enjoyed my share, but oddly I find a couple of the most commonly hosted ones rank among my least favourite.

There's like 5000 versions of the Mafa TD going around on US west right now, and they are all nearly unplayable. I think I've been part of a team that's made it to wave 25 once in the last three weeks. It's ridiculous. It's also ridiculous how many noobs try and take on playing red when they are nowhere near ready to handle it on that map, because red has to be your best player, or don't even bother trying. Also any map that throws in invisible units randomly just so you have to burn money on some otherwise useless "sees invisible" thing should lose points by default. The map needs serious reworking. I mean, don't get me wrong, it has a lot of elements (no pun intended) that work just fine - I like the tower system in general, and while games last, I find the action passes the time well enough - but it needs a major re-tweaking. And take that invisible garbage out, please.

Green TD in all the current versions is awful, head-explodingly awful. I have no idea why it is getting hosted so much or what people get out of playing this. I gave it another shot today just to see if my first impressions were off. By wave 25, there were literally only 2 players in an 8 player game that were capable of registering a kill. One guy ended up with like 1700 kills, more than the other 7 slots put together... and we still won. Just... no. I don't get it, sorry. This map needs some serious work.

On the other end of the spectrum, the coolest new (to me) map I played for the first time this week was one called Switch TD. It's a mazing map, and the twist in the concept is each wave, you switch which "position" you are in: player 1 goes to player 2's spot, player 2 goes to player 3's etc. And you switch every wave. You play as a team, with team lives. Very cool map if you get some half decent people on it, and it has a decent tower system too. A lot of new players panic right off the bat on the first switch and freak out though. But those that stay have a blast. And anything that makes bnet trolls flip out is probably for the greater good of society anyway. I like it because it forces people to work together as opposed to sitting there yelling at each other for being noobs, which is what most "team" maps end up in. You just don't have time for that stuff on Switch. Either you play, and play together, or you lose. Big thumbs up from me.

I also like the Warhammer 40K TD, but people don't seem to host that very much. I'd host myself but my internet connection is slow and it makes people mad, or something.

I'm thinking about building my own TD, and I have to admit Element TD 3.0 was the main inspiration to make me want to, because I really do think it's a class above most other TD maps. I have some details I'm working up in concept before I dig into it, and if I build one I'm going to take it seriously and not just whip something out as fast as I can. I need to find out if certain things I want to trigger are even do-able (I don't have that much experience with the World Editor but there are plenty of tutorials floating around for just about everything). You JASS wizards out there have answers to almost everything.

Guest 1mpulse

Warhammer 40k TD is real fun, but if you know what race to take its easy.

i play green circle td for fun.

huge fan of Tropical Tower Wars =)

on the south african server there arent alot of games hosted so its basically mafa, green or tropical. you must be lucky to get any other ones.

Guest Timberwolf

"Warhammer 40k TD is real fun, but if you know what race to take its easy. "

True but even if you get good, you can always pick a not so easy race. I've only played it about 5 times, because I don't see it hosted very much. Sometimes, when it comes to giving people multiple races, I think outright balance defeats the point. Some races are easy and new people should make use of that. Some races are harder, and veterans should in theory enjoy that too.

I haven't played Tropical Tower Wars. *google time*

There are really awesome versions of tropical tower wars and there are really terible versions of it. :P

Element TD is the only tower defense map I know that stays interesting after beating it twice.

I occasionally play tower wars maps, though. The classical Tower Wars 1.9 is my favorite, along with Forbidden Element Tower Wars.

I'll kick anyone who mentions either Mafarazzo TD or Line Tower Wars :P

Guest 1mpulse

Tropical Tower Wars is good cause its team based, so beating it twice doesnt mean you've owned the game, you just need a better challenge :)

Which is exactly the difference between tower defense and tower wars. Tower defense is a game where you defend against units spawned by the game, whereas in tower wars the units are spawned by opposing players. Note that i was talking specifically about tower defense games in the first line of my previous post.

Sign in to follow this