EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Game Difficulty

Guest Sancdar
Yes it would because it would force people to be accustomed to the difficulty. Adaptation is one of the nine characteristics of a living being.

I think that only works if EleTD is your life. A much easier solution to the problem is to stop playing the game.

I want mixed diff back. Has anybody tested a max diff difference game yet? The last delay times are more theoretical now, right?

Guest M45T3R
Yes it would because it would force people to be accustomed to the difficulty. Adaptation is one of the nine characteristics of a living being.

I think that only works if EleTD is your life. A much easier solution to the problem is to stop playing the game.

You can also commit suicide, kill every n00b out there, and force eletd developers to not listen to my suggestion at gunpoint! Do you know what a false dilemma is?

Guest Sancdar
I want mixed diff back. Has anybody tested a max diff difference game yet? The last delay times are more theoretical now, right?

Yeah, we tried one a few versions back after the times got adjusted. I couldn't rush people on VE. I think it actually makes the game easier for the VH players because even though the VE player finishes earlier and starts the clock, they get a decent amount of time to catch up or interest farm.

You can also commit suicide, kill every n00b out there, and force eletd developers to not listen to my suggestion at gunpoint! Do you know what a false dilemma is?

Yeah, and I don't think this is one. If you put only one difficulty in the game, people have the choice of adapting to that difficulty or not playing Element TD. Being satisfied with completely losing is one method of adapting to the difficulty, so it doesn't count.

Maybe you thought I was telling you not to play the game?

Guest Issunboshi

@Sancdar: What would happen if the next round doesn't start until the second fastest player finishes?

@Sancdar: What would happen if the next round doesn't start until the second fastest player finishes?

Well, this would be a problem in a 1-2 player game. Sorry about replying for something directed at Sancdar.

Guest Sancdar

I don't know exactly how that would work in a mixed-diff game. Which timer are you using?

Assuming that I'm correct and VE racers really do make the game easier compared to VH racers, this change would probably make rushing even harder to pull off and the game easier. I don't see any major advantages for the game.

Part of the fun of Element TD, at least for me, is that it's a competitive solo TD. Racing people out makes the game fast-paced and interesting. This is especially true on pick, where racing disrupts slower players but makes the late game harder for you. I'm mostly thinking of the new Disease tower, which blows through levels with amazing speed...until suddenly it doesn't. Off-topic, I wonder how it would affect ladder/tournament play if racers were still required to finish up to 61 (or any specific level) despite killing off the other players.

Whether this timer change would be good depends on the purpose of the current starting mechanic, really. Is it there to keep the game paced well despite slow players, or to encourage players to interfere with each other? I think that most of the beta team, at least, believes the latter.

Sign in to follow this