EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Curbstomp

Help with 3rd tower :)

Hey guys I'm pretty new at this but love this map so much. Been playing non stop for like a week now haha. Just need abit of advice.

Ive been playing maze alot and been gettin around 600-650 points on normal. The strat I use is get an early factory and Pure earth

and then sit back and let those 2 towers clear to wave 57-58. So I have around 120k to spend for wave 60. I then get 4x pure earth

for fruits. My question is what tower(s) should I be spending my 100k on?

I will have 3 earth, 3 fire, 2 pures. So 3 for you guys to tell me what to go and what combos.

Any advise would be nice :) or if my strat is completely pants please tell me what I should change :D

I'm noob at mazing so this is more general advice. I would consider dropping one of the essence picks. With four picks you could go two nature and two light. This gives you Supernova (30% slow) and Invocation (30% armor redux). That's a 60% increase in your damage output...more really since the slow complements your earth's splash.

Always good to see more mazers! And Kara is right: 4 element model is better to go from. To stay with your EF picks, some other good options are:

1) EFLN - As Kara said, this gives you slow (Nova) and damage (Incantation) bonuses

2) EFLW - Gives slow (Ion - FLW) and damage (Polar - ELW) bonuses

3) EFDN - Gives slow (Barb - EDN) and damage (Jinx - DFN) bonuses

4) EFDW - Gives slow (Muck - EDW) and damage (Erosion - FDW) bonuses

I left out the other combo of EF because it just gives you more DPS towers. While those are good, towers that slow and increase damage have a multiplicative effect.

Part of the fun of the game is experimentation. Try some 4 element combos out and see what you can come up with. Enjoy!

If you have a spiral type maze, I'm going to recommend the last one (EFDW), as it will give you Flamethrower towers (EFD), which become extremely deadly with spiral type mazes. Essentially, you'd place lots of flamethrowers in the middle of the spiral, and then place the rest as Haste towers (EFW, great anti-single target, which compliments your heavy splash build). Regarding support towers, that gives you (as Ayr said) Muck and Erosion, which you'll probably want two of each on either side of the maze.

Also, if you don't already, hang around in the Element Tower Defense channel on B.net more often. I don't (can't) play as much as I used to due to school, but there's usually some other regulars in there.

Thanks guys! You helped me alot! I'm going to try out all those combos tonight as I'm off work :D

Btw yes I use a spiral maze because its nice a simple.

I'll come hang out in the B.net channel while I'm on aswell!

Again, Big Thanks!!

Sign in to follow this