EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mrchak

New Extreme Game Mode - Leak Checkpoints

Too extreme for Element TD?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest mrchak

So I just had this idea, this might not be the right idea for this TD, but it would definitely be an extreme mode.

Consider the path that the spawns walk through. Let's say there are checkpoints along the way; 1/3 the way through and 2/3. These are LINES that they cross. Let's say your spawn count is 30. The challenge is you have to kill 10 of them before they cross checkpoint 1 or else they leak (20 spawns may cross the first checkpoint with no penalty, any others cost 1 life) The second checkpoint allows 10 to cross with no penalty.

This would be much more extreme... what do you think? The checkpoints could be at the half-way point and the 3/4 point instead, but the concept, too hard? It would require a different strategy I would think.

Guest Sancdar

It makes most 2-pass builds useless, but doesn't do much to most of the mega-slow builds. An interesting concept, but I don't think it would be that fun.

I think this could be ballanced to make 2-pass still viable, but the one pass builds (slow/slpash) can be played at 7. :?

Guest Sancdar

Only 2-pass that kills half the units on the first pass...some of us prefer doing lots of slow damage with Immolation towers!

Guest mrchak

the concept could be modified to balance it. Maybe just 1 checkpoint near area 2, on the bottom path where they go right... or the corner at 3, where only 2/3 of your spawns will pass without penalty.

This would be an extreme mode applied to all players, so it would be more of a sudden-death elimination mode.

Now thats a concept I like more. Like shortening the path for a bit at the end. foring the players to play two pass at 4 more, which is harder than at 3, but still quite possible.

A checkpoint at 2 - I like that. :)

Guest hyperprimate

I like the idea of shortening the path to increase difficulty. But, as others pointed out, it has to be long enough to make 2-pass viable. Checkpoints that allow a certain amount of creeps to pass? I don't like that, better that you lose a life for all creeps that pass. Or, what I'm trying to say, move the exit-cave to numpad2 (or place some kind of teleporter stuff there, changing the terrain might look odd).

Guest Sancdar

How about an exit-portal that creeps forward a little bit constantly but gets pushed back every time you kill a creep? Elemental spawn time would lose you some ground for sure.

Guest mrchak

A moving exit portal - that is HOT! I like it a lot!

Each kill would send it back a little bit (proportiaonal to difficulty I think, because harder difficulties have more potential kills).

Very interesting idea, but it certainly doesn't sound easy to make. I think the tweaked extreme mode should provide more than enough challenge once you try it in Beta2 :).

Guest Sancdar

I think there are a couple ways to do it, but yeah, a little tricky. One way would be to have the gate be a unit slowly moving backwards along the checkpoints, with a trigger to teleport it backwards (forwards?) when creeps are killed. It could have an autocast with extremely short range and cooldown that triggers the leak script on the target.

Sign in to follow this