EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Element TD 0.74

Changelog:

-Fixed "always normal" bug that occurred upon dialog timeout

-Fixed "zero bounty" bug (hopefully)

-Fixed "missing on scoreboard" bug

-Remade Laser Tower (DEL), fighters can now be toggled for one of three modes: prefer lowest hp, prefer highest hp, and random (default)

-Made Haste Tower (EFW) properly work with Well/Forge buffs, added mana bar to indicate level of ability

-Removed previously (before fruit) defeated players from fruit scoreboard

-Mildew Tower (EN) nerfed to 40 damage down from 50

-Infrared Tower (FN) buffed to 10 damage up from 8

-Fixed Napalm (DEF) not doing any damage

-Nerfed Napalm (DEF) to 40 damage down from 66 (not really a nerf considering going from 0 really)

-Buffed Haste Tower (EFW) to 240 damage up from 220

-Buffed Quake Tower (EFN) to 200 damage up from 166 (attack not ability)

-Tweaked death sound for wave 60 (annoying)

-Nerfed Auto Reload (DLN) to 3.5 seconds cast from 3

-Buffed Manual Reload (DLN) to 14 second cooldown from 15

-Fixed Auto Reload (DLN) tooltip error

-Fixed Glacial Tower (ELW) attack being equal to Polar's in damage

-End game winner text displays points instead of kills (fruit)

-Added "cojones" to game loss text

-Buffed Evaporate (FW) to 8/4 damage from 6/3

-Creeps with abilities now have a buff icon as an indication (thanks gwho)

-Fixed Quantum Beam (EL) damage area being "shorter" than visual effect

-Added mana bar to Torrent Tower (LNW) to indicate level

-Mildew Tower (EN) nerfed to 40 damage down from 50

This was probably warranted, thing could still solo up to 20 at 1 o'clock.

But it doesn't crush my heart any less... :(

Was that nerf to mildew really warranted? It was already nerfed from 60 to 50. But 50 to 40? I've tried EFN and always leak bosses and some fire waves.

Is there some hidden imbalance to this tower I'm missing?

It is still *the* best AOE dual for the first half of the game, even after the nerf. It just doesn't outshine Cannon, Lightning, and Vapour too much anymore. Now I'm just waiting for something interesting to happen to Ice.

Now I'm just waiting for something interesting to happen to Ice.

In other words, you want a buff?

-Nerfed Auto Reload (DLN) to 3.5 seconds cast from 3

-Buffed Manual Reload (DLN) to 14 second cooldown from 15

going from 15 to 14 is kinda... whats the point?

you wil have to wait through one cycle anyway. (i.e. minimum of 7+3.5 = 10.5)

a nice round number fo 14 doesnt mean u get to reload perfectly.

a perefect reload time would actually be 7 + 3.5 + 7 = 17.5 seconds.

i guess if you could reload right when 14 seconds is up, but you will still have 3 bullets left [14 - (7+3.5) = 3.5]... So why would u want to reload asap at 14 seconds when you have 3 extra bullets ready to shoot right away anyway?

A reload cd of anything between 10.5 and 17.5 is ALL THE SAME. going from something within this range to something else within this range is practically meaningless. (yes you can point out minor situations and benefits, but that is just that - minor).

Helps manage the micro. If the reload time was 17.5 seconds then you'd have to watch them like a hawk 100% of the time. Current stats allows for more flexibility.

IMO the oblit reload time needs to be 7 seconds for manual. That is, if you want to reload it, you can, at any point, more or less. That's the entire point of rewarding micro. Not "well I just reloaded it in the middle of a cycle, but then it used its 7 shots again, oh crap!"

Helps manage the micro. If the reload time was 17.5 seconds then you'd have to watch them like a hawk 100% of the time. Current stats allows for more flexibility.

true, but i dont htink goign from 15 to 14 is doing anything

IMO the oblit reload time needs to be 7 seconds for manual. That is, if you want to reload it, you can, at any point, more or less. That's the entire point of rewarding micro. Not "well I just reloaded it in the middle of a cycle, but then it used its 7 shots again, oh crap!"

The longer reload cooldown is tied to a design concept of "saving the player from himself". If we give you power on a 7s cd, you're going to do one of two things-

#1: Use it every 7 seconds.

#2: Not use it every 7 seconds because it's a hassle and feel frustrated because you're not getting max power.

Both situations kind of suck. If we give it a longer cooldown and balance accordingly, you still have control but it's less of an attention drain. We don't want to force you into 24/7 babysitting. You'll see more of this philosophical shift in the ephemeral rework next release.

Sign in to follow this