EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
dg86

Is DELN the strongest 4-elemental combination in the game?

IMO this combination by far and away puts any other tower combo to shame.

Reason being:

3 extremely useful 3-element towers (annihilation for damage, invocation for amplification, spike for slow)

4th triple element isn't all that bad (laser/phaser)

None of them require much micro.

The mortar (or possibly artillery, if you so choose to upgrade) tower covers the annihilation tower's weakness of light-based waves.

Masquerade towers are decent support, and deceit towers are phenomenal, perhaps second only to fountain towers.

Access to pure light (or darkness!) towers later in the game.

For gravy purposes, eternal and electron towers also have their uses.

So...best quad element in the game? And if you go interest, 2 of all 4, light, dark as your element order, can it be the case that this is perhaps the single best order in the game?

Discuss.

Obliteration (DLN) is getting hit with the nerf stick. But ya, this is a solid combination for the reasons you mentioned.

Obliteration (DLN) is getting hit with the nerf stick. But ya, this is a solid combination for the reasons you mentioned.

Noooooooooo! Why?! Why why why why?

Fast mobs screw it over so hard D:

I've also been trying replacing nature with water and going for comet instead of annihilation and it just doesn't seem to work anywhere near as well.

I've been using the obiliteration towers for quite awhile now and I allways make it to the fruits (which owns me :o) But whenever i change tactics I somehow dosen't come further than the early 50's or late 40's... Most of my builds evolves around Obiliteration towers...

TaF - FIRST POST YAY! :D :D

Noooooooooo! Why?! Why why why why?

Fast mobs screw it over so hard D:

I've also been trying replacing nature with water and going for comet instead of annihilation and it just doesn't seem to work anywhere near as well.

Yes i also tried comet and it's not comparable both in practice and in theory (math based). The worse part about comet is that it attacks 3 units as an ability that has a cooldown. Even without the cooldown, the comet isn't even close to the tank in terms of damage. Tank maxed out can hit 2.5k on 2 mobs making it around 5k damage average. The comet is 400 damage 0.31 which is around 1200 damage vs 3 targets most of the time. So basically it sucks in terms of mob and it sucks in terms of single target. Useless.

suggestion: address towers by element combos not names. especially since ur referencing the non-1st level ones. yeah, u can decode it thru the tower page, but it's nicer if u dont have to. always a little boost into ppl understanding and wanting to read your post.

For gravy purposes, eternal and electron towers also have their uses.

for gravy!

Damned my favorite tower. I guess it was my favorite because it was so strong :P

(What about instead of nerfing it's damage/speed much increase the need of micro. Or reduce it's range)

Damned my favorite tower. I guess it was my favorite because it was so strong :P

(What about instead of nerfing it's damage/speed much increase the need of micro. Or reduce it's range)

why does everyone here love tons of micro?

when u get a bunch of towers that require periodic micro, it gets nice and fun. you can always consta-target with any tower that easily occupies ur apm without forcing it.

why does everyone here love tons of micro?

I don't love tons of micro at all :P

You should've seen obliteration tower and magnify tower during alpha. Now THAT was painful.

Well, as of comet being changed to light, DELN is definitely the best four-tower combo in the game. I was able to win on multiplayer with 10 lives left by the time I got to fruit with like 15 fruit kills or so.

Not sure if it's even possible to win with any other strategy on very hard when you have people who rush the front on easier modes.

Sign in to follow this