EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest sillyboy_tomato

Sun tower needs a buff

Does Sun Tower need a buff?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Haha. Wasn't my intention to make fun of him. More, his response thereafter: "hehe - Sue me^^"

But yeah, you're right. No one is perfect.

Feel free to make fun of me anytime, as long as it doesn't get insulting. I'm not that good, I just don't post my bad replays. Last time I checked, Sancdar was the better player.

Guest sillyboy_tomato

I think we should simply just buff damage to 350 and get this over with>>

Guest Sancdar

Cisz, you've been better for ages now. Remember how I didn't even attempt the speed challenge? Hehe.

I think we should simply just buff damage to 350 and get this over with

You weren't around for the betas when Sun Tower got reworked to have shockwave, I guess. With decent damage, it was incredibly easy to mass them at the appropriate spots and just win the game, no matter the difficulty level.

Guest sillyboy_tomato

So why not Decrease range but increase damage?

So why not Decrease range but increase damage?

Did you watch my replay? The tower allready has sufficient damage for lategame. It hits more targets than all splash towers exept maybe dino and nova. Dino has a bad damage type for lategame (last earth 52, last fire 58 ) and nova (same damage type) barely damages and doesn't stack well slow wise. Sun is the only aoe/splash tower with composite damage on the map. So the damage of it is very decent.

The only problem is early game, where the tower tends to leak much worse than most dual damagers.

This could be solved with higher damage, but won't endgame suffer from this?

Now, how about raising the range. In my replay - would that increase my lategame firepower? And how about early game?

Guest Ryukira

The only thing hat would change earlygame imho is to make whe showwave "wider" neitehr the damage or the range is to horrble, what is however is when you have 1-2 suntowers that only hit 2 enemies each cause theres no slow to keep them in the right position, however if the aoe if the sun could be slightly large so that it would hit about 3 targets when shooting from the side that would make it a bit more useful earlygame.

Guest sillyboy_tomato

Or I have another IDEA.

You know how Glacier tower has the "attack Ground" feature that siege units have? Why don't we do it like SUn tower!! So we can direct where the shockwaves will be going

Very good idea. If the sun had an attack ground, I would leak less with it.

Guest Ryukira

Not to whine or anything but i suggested that on like page 2 but got ignored-.-

I just opened a new topic with a poll on which way sun should be buffed including all options which have been mentioned so far in this topic.

Please go and vote, even if you are the author of the idea, it would be interesting to know how many people thinks which is the best buffing option.

Sorry ryukira, I was just about to comment your excellent attack ground idea but I waited instead for more comments, you didn't get ignored, just not replyed.

Guest Sancdar
Not to whine or anything but i suggested that on like page 2 but got ignored-.-

Don't worry about it, I suggested that like nine or ten months ago but got ignored -.-

Yes when cisz uses it, and builds many supporting towers.

But think of all the not so well playing players.

They need to be able to play also.

I say set the damage to 325 or something.

or 300 with a little longer range.

400 is youst to much.

But think of all the not so well playing players.

They need to be able to play also.

Yes, on normal. :wink:

I don't think the tower needs to be stronger if unskilled players can't win vh with it, if skilled players find it to be to strong. The highest difficulty levels need to get even harder in the next version, because of all the tricks and strats that have been developed in the last year.

The map is nearing a new level - the level of competitive playing. So it needs to be balanced on the highest level. The goal is 1on1 with pick, and it should be possible to win with at least 5 of the 15 4-element-builds. Imagine the eletd WCG finals, and every player uses mass sun only. :D

(And the EGtour get's sponsered by sun microsystems..)

As a composite damage tower with support it's great imo. (You did see my replay?) And I agree with the tower beeing to weak for early game, as damage towers usually have the power to solo or work without support for a longer time.

What is it that you think the tower cant do? Maybe I can get a challenge? :)

Guest Sancdar

The Sun Tower currently is comparatively less effective for its cost on easier difficulties. It's balanced for skilled players, because if it were balanced for poorer players, it would be far too strong, like the Money Tower is.

Okay nerf all the other imba towers like money, storm and many others.

Or should I say techtrees with permanent slow imba armor reduce and thoose things.

Guest Sancdar

There actually aren't any towers that permanently slow, and that doesn't have much to do with Sun Towers anyways.

Guest Issunboshi

I think it needs a buff. Although I don't think it's as weak as some other people make it out to be (good placement of the tower makes it fairly decent), it doesn't feel like it does as much damage as other 2 ele towers.

Guest Ubernuber

Giving it an attack ground feature would make it so much more usable. You just can't micro if you are a client to a laggy host. Don't know if attack ground might actually make it too good.

On normal rounds you can hit unslowed 3-4 creeps per shot, that's 750-1000 damage right there. Not too shabby for its rate of fire. If you add a bit of slow (1 ice tower), you can get that number up to maybe twice that. Its only downside is really the sucky damage versus elementals.

Guest Sancdar

The bad damage vs. elementals doesn't matter too much, since level 1 and 2 elementals can be dealt with using Arrow Towers. Also it works well thematically, because Sun (F+L) is great vs. massed creeps, but bad at single target killing, but swap the Light for Dark and you've got a Magic Tower instead, which does the opposite.

Edit: Er, I obviously think Sun is Fire and Light, because that makes more sense. Oops.

Guest boomboom1

yup it needs a buff, a little tweak will do it....

i like the attack ground ability, not that it shall begin attacking the ground, but that you can choose it's attack direction (of the ability ofc)

Sign in to follow this