EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
BloodyOrange

How to make magnifying tower usable

Problem:

I think we all agree that its currently impossible to use it effectively if you want to do anything else and takes too much apm (if you rush for it you literaly have to press the button every single second). If you set the autocast, it overkills a unit once per 10 seconds and in the rest of the time its pretty much useless.

Solution(?):

Autocast basicaly means "use the ability when the tower has max charges (7?)" Instead of that there could be a button to set how many charges in needs to use it (7 in default, if you press it, it changes to 1 and adds 1 for every following click)

What do you think?

I'm personally a big fan of re-working this tower and I think there's a strong sense team-wide that we want it to be a more fun/functional choice.

Any permanent change to the design will require a thumbs-up from Karawasa, but I'm probably going to implement some alternate versions of the tower in upcoming alpha builds to see how people feel about them.

I think the idea presented above is a lot more viable than what we currently have. I'll talk with Chiq next time I see him online and see what other alternative ideas he has. But rest assured, we are aware this tower needs more work.

Yeah I've been mad busy recently, so I didn't get to tinker with the build as planned :(

I should be around late this evening to talk tower stuff, though.

I wrapped up the data for the redesign on this tower on Monday. We've drastically changed how the tower works and I think this approach will prove to be a lot more interesting.

You guys should see the new functionality when 0.5 is released :)

Sign in to follow this