EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Better Version of Illusion Tower?

This tower has the unique ability to replicate any target friendly or enemy tower. For a certain period of time, it would become the tower it is cloning. Damage, attack type, abilities etc.

Could be a dual, or a triple. Not sure...

Thoughts?

Cloning a pure? To strong. Not even if an essence is needed for the copy. Because it's still about 15k gold out of nowhere.

Cloning other peoples towers? Gets stronger on mulitplayer? I don't like that part.

Remove both, and it's ok with me.

Guest 1mpulse

i agree... it is far too powerful.

it would be good in ALL situations. that alone is unbalanced.

unless you set limits on it, its very overpowered..

Guest Sancdar

How about a limit to what it can make, like 1 less element pick then is in the tower? Obviously this would only be useful in multiplayer. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Remove both... or it could be transformed to towers that costs less or equally to the replicate tower. But it can still change to another tower or change back.

"How about a limit to what it can make, like 1 less element pick then is in the tower?" - then u pick what tower it 'clones'? so if you clone a triple you choose one of the duals that can lead to that triple?

this would potentially be giving a player access to all the towers in the game, esp in allrandom... it either has a long cooldown or the clone lasts for a very short time to be balanced...

and before a tower is cloned, it's a blank tower with no attacks?

Guest mrchak

One option: Mana cost of the replicate spell is in proportion to the tower you're trying to replicate.

LEts say replicate tower is a dual.

Lv 1 has 100 Mana

Lv 2 has 200 mana

Lv 3 has 500 mana

Replicate costs:

No element

lv1 1

lv2 5

lv3 10

lv4 50

Single element

lv1 10

lv2 50

lv3 100

lv4 200

lv5 250

Pure 500

Duals

lv1 100

lv2 200

lv3 500

Triples

Lv1 150

lv2 250

Can't clone periodic tower

So you can see the mana costs will determine the rules about what you can clone and what you can't. Does this make it too complicated?

Guest Sancdar
"How about a limit to what it can make, like 1 less element pick then is in the tower?" - then u pick what tower it 'clones'? so if you clone a triple you choose one of the duals that can lead to that triple?

Uh...no. I'm saying that if the copy tower is made of two elements, it can copy any one element tower on the map - this would be elemental arrows/cannons, and basic/amplified element towers. If it's a triple instead, it would be able to handle all of those in addition to any duals on the map and focused towers. Its ability would grow when you upgraded it. It's not a perfect solution, of course, but it would allow your build to get stronger in multiplayer, only at a higher cost. I would also recommend either a gold cost for copying or an additional 10% sell penalty on the tower.

Cloning a pure? To strong. Not even if an essence is needed for the copy. Because it's still about 15k gold out of nowhere.

The same applies to well towers and incantation towers. While significant, they aren't too strong either. I don't think these towers will be too strong.

As far as I know Karawasas plans, I guess the copy tower will look a bit like this:

Level 1 dual: Can create 1 copy for 5 seconds every 15 seconds.

Level 2 dual: Can create 2 copies for 7 seconds every 15 seconds.

Level 3 dual: Can create 6 copies for 10 seconds every 15 seconds.

No pures or other players towers can be copied.

Guest mrchak

Cloning other player's towers is what makes it so fun though... is that WAAAY too powerful? awww...

Guest Sancdar

ETD is designed as a multi-player game though, regardless of how I choose to play it. The tower wouldn't be that good in single-player, although it could have a few uses, like if you needed a long-range tower all of a sudden or something, I don't know.

but shouldn't the tower to be copied be somewhere on the map already? most TDs are played on multiplayer... single player is for testing builds, showing off skills or doing the speedrun...

Sign in to follow this