EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Cisz

Recent Replays

Many players are asking for examples on how to play eletd.

This is the thread to post links to replays you played lately.

Had a good game and want to share it with us? Encountered a problem and want to get tips? Post it here. Please take the time to desribe you replays a little.

Important note: No replays of inofficial versions of eletd (beta or rc or such; or fake versions that are not approved by Karawasa and/or MrChack).

Here it goes:

>> Storm on samerandom. <<

I played cyberseer for the first time, although he had been in the clan for a month. We ended up randoming storm over and over again, so the matches were quite easy.

Guest GkJ-mo

i thought id just give it another go and just did a vh sr game out of nothing.. i ended up beeing able to use my favourite tower but see for yourself (dont tell me im micro-lazy, i know that already :P)

*Click*

Guest bestever111
i thought id just give it another go and just did a vh sr game out of nothing.. i ended up beeing able to use my favourite tower but see for yourself (dont tell me im micro-lazy, i know that already :P)

*Click*

Guest GipFace

Learning from "easy" random sets (like Storm) really teaches you nothing, as Cisz's storm guide is easily available on this forum.

Here's how to play EleTD with a samerandom from hell. You might think that racking up the interest is unnecessary, but in a samerandom game, you should never take any chances. This is a perfect example of why it's in your best interest to get, uh, interest. Level 31 is the apex of this replay, as I do the near-impossible and no-leak that level.

http://rapidshare.com/files/44373794/Blah.7z.html

Additional points to learn from this replay:

1) All amped towers except Amped Earth are obsoleted by their respective element arrow towers

2) Always be prepared for a level 2 element by building a mass of basic arrows in the center

3) Build long range towers in a reverse L shape at V position before lining the bottom (I didn't do this and leaked 1, I suck)

4) Selling the entire IV cluster except one super arrow then upgrading V cluster nets additional interest in the early game

ocmassreo - 5/10

Your Hail was in a suboptimal spot, and you did not power it up with Well. Also, you did not switch to Undead once you got D1, and that was clearly your best tower available at that point. At level 31, I stopped watching because you had Storm available. Also, Chaos is worse because 1) It doesn't reward you for matching types and 2) It makes healing levels a lot easier.

Guest GkJ-mo

erm... zipping the replays with 7z doesnt help much to keep them downloadable...

please convert to a common package format like: .zip .rar .tgz .tar.gz .bz2

gipface ^^

i post a replay for fun ^^

finish vh-sr-chaos not many people can do ;)

it s not a perfect game i know but i trying many things too

if i dont forgotten i post a better replay later ;)

Guest GipFace

WinRAR opens 7z files, so there shouldn't be any problem.

Cisz complained that RAR was proprietary, so I am sticking with 7z until something better comes along. 7z is multi-threaded as well so I can compress at 4.5mb/sec at ultra compression.

It was to expected that winrar, a non free program, was the one you need for it.

Zip to good for you, eh? :roll:

Guest Cataras

NEW RULE: Stop asking for replays or making stupid threads about it!

This is a sickening disease spreading throughout the forums. Every second topic is about a lazy noob begging for a strategy just to copy it. Seriously - STOP IT!

If you dont know how to finish Element TD on very hard - try it on a lower difficulty. If you dont know how to finish Element TD on very easy - quit it!

Guest GipFace

7z is open-source. And zip is outdated because it's not multi-threaded and compression ratios are dismal.

I'll use RAR over 7z for one reason only, and that's recovery record. 7z is better than all other general-purpose compression formats otherwise.

Guest Tigershark]T-T[
NEW RULE: Stop asking for replays or making stupid threads about it!

This is a sickening disease spreading throughout the forums. Every second topic is about a lazy noob begging for a strategy just to copy it. Seriously - STOP IT!

If you dont know how to finish Element TD on very hard - try it on a lower difficulty. If you dont know how to finish Element TD on very easy - quit it!

...and You are?

Excuse me, but if I may - I think if Cisz as one of the veteran Etd players and amongst other things author of numerous guides and founder of the ETD clan thinks it might be a good idea to post some replays to help or start a discussion, he may (as well as all others may, of course) very well do so, don't You think?

After all, we are in the strategy section of this forum. If You've got a problem with replay threads, don't read 'em! ;-)

Tiger.

Guest Sancdar
7z is open-source. And zip is outdated because it's not multi-threaded and compression ratios are dismal.

I'll use RAR over 7z for one reason only, and that's recovery record. 7z is better than all other general-purpose compression formats otherwise.

ETD replays are like 400k tops, it doesn't really matter that you save 2 seconds compressing.

Guest Tigershark]T-T[

*zip*

I just happened to play a public -vh -random and got 4 pure elements.... great ,-)

BUT - no water AND no darkness (even better!), yet I still managed to have 49 lives until lvl61.

After all, it's still only valid for challenge #1 I guess, but better haveing #1 than having none, right? ;-)

so here goes:

http://rapidshare.com/files/44845264/eleme...o_dark.w3g.html

Tiger.

@Tiger

Solid gem power with decent micro.

But - your map filename is bad, plz rename to "Element TD 3.0.w3x", so I don't have to change my filename to watch it the next time. Thnx. :wink:

Guest GipFace

Well, here's a good learning replay for those interested in -xvh sr but cannot seem to progress in it. It only goes up to level 26, but it teaches you the basic strategy. I make a bunch of helpful comments, since Blue wanted some tips on how to play this mode.

I just realized replays don't compress well, so I'll leave future replays in .w3g format. Happy Sancdar?

http://rapidshare.com/files/44865629/El ... 6.w3g.html

Guest hyperprimate

Nice replay GipFace, well played.. but you are way better than I am :P

Guest Tigershark]T-T[

Cisz,

thanks for the flowers, as we Germans say :lol:

Regarding the filename - sorry, my bad, joined a random ETD in bnet and dled the map. I gotta have like 5 or 6 versions of the map actually....will rename my customs when I set up my new rig (which is about to happen this weekend, yay ;-).

Tiger.

Guest kingzor

Here you can see how impossible Element TD can be at same random mode. Somethimes get have luck with ice, storm and pure earth.. and somethimes you get this:

http://rapidshare.com/files/45406553/impossible.w3g

Lay back and relax, while thinking about the pressure, and how fast i had to be with rebuilding ^^.

I died at the end, maybe it was better to use the 3 pure nature ele's..

Have fun

@King: You and Xkli did a good job there. And your arrow opening is getting better.

Guest GipFace

@Kingzor

That was hardly impossible.

The correct way to use enchantment is to have it on Faerie Fire autocast, then autocast Inner Fire for a split second, or cast it before the wave. You did not use Faerie Fire at all.

Moon should have never been used; it is probably the second-worst two-element tier I tower in the game. The slowing doesn't make up for the fact that it's not damage efficient. You should have rode Refined Nature and Pure Nature along with Enchantments to victory. Massing Refined Nature also means less towers for you, which means that you could have milked interest even in the late stages of the game. Eternal? Give me a break, that should not be used unless you are vs Dark. (See benchmark note below) Good job on 18 and 24 though.

The beginning was a bit rough. On level 6, because you got Nature, you had the opportunity to mass Nature and sell before the interest hit.

Since there was no way to really handle 53 and 58, the goal was to still have 50+ life by level 53 for a buffer. Obviously that didn't happen.

6/10

Note: The benchmark for 3ET1 (3 element tier 1) and 2ET2 (2 element tier 2) is Rainbow, the single-target wonder. It does 6000 composite damage (3420 on VH after armor), and every tower in those two categories should be compared to it for efficiency. Here's the complete list (minus Lightning and Nova):

Note this is damage efficiency only, and does not entirely take into account any slowing/stall effects!

5712 - Doom (712 + 5000 instant kill effective)

5130 - Metal (1710 x3)

4940 - Sorcery (2/6 mana shot)

4845 - Tidal (6/8 mana shot)

4710 - Gemstone (855 x2 + 3000 stun)

4495 - Crypt (1995 + 2500 instant kill effective)

3925 - Venom (1425 + 2500 poison)

3796 - Robot (1898 x2)

3640 - Drowning (1140 + 2500 instant kill effective)

3562 - Gold

3420 - Rainbow

3420 - Infernal

3206 - Golem (2850 + 712/2 Clay)

2850 - Lunar

2468 - Hail (2/3 speed)

2360 - Acid (1860 [after armor reduce] + 500 spewed acid)

2280 - *Undead

2240 - Dinosaur (1140 + 4000/4 Pulverize)

2137 - Laser

2137 - Eternal

2050 - Brambles (1425 + 2500/4 entangle)

1825 - Magma (lowest amount 1425 + 400 burn)

1791 - **Flamethrower (199 x9)

1710 - Enchantment

1425 - ***Freezing

1250 - ***Solar

1140 - ****Sludge

1140 - Flesh Golem (starting amount)

712 - Spring (considering lowest amount)

570 - ***Glacial

Instant kill towers rule the midgame, so racking up interest with them is a cinch. However, they are so fragile they are best used in random where you can switch them out at will. Drowning is the one exception because it does splash damage.

We can plainly see that Flesh Golem is terrible in VH. In theory, Metal is the best general-purpose damage tower, then Gold (you'll have more Gold than Robot due to increased cash flow). However, when stall and slow are factored in, Gemstone beats both because it will spread out the creeps.

The support towers like Acid and Sludge are better if it can hit more than one target at once (e.g. Sludge needs to hit three targets to meet stock Rainbow's damage efficiency). Building more than one Spring tower is a colossal waste.

* This obviously doesn't count the minions, so its damage efficiency is much higher when there are minions around.

** Flamethrower might seem low, but since it fires so fast, there is far less overkill damage versus other towers. It only needs to hit two targets per shot to overtake Rainbow.

*** These almost always hit more than one target.

**** Sludge is bad if you only have one, but it gains power when massed due to the fact that clumping will happen more often. Plus, it's a single target slow, so more is better.

Thx for the list

And except vapor, infernal, storm and summoning? I understand if storm summoning and vapor are hard to place in the list but infernal would be nice to compare to metal

Guest kingzor

Thanks for the tips GipFace, I will use them in time of need. :D:wink:

Now here you can see how lucky you can be with the same random mode:

http://rapidshare.com/files/45548672/vh ... k.w3g.html

I completed challange #3: Beat the game on random mode without leaking.

And a small competition between me and Good. ^^

Have fun.

Guest GipFace

Oops, forgot Infernal. Infernal actually has the same efficiency as stock Rainbow. However, Rainbow is still better because all WNx towers get a 25% speed boost from Well.

I avoid Summoning at all costs. I just don't like it at all.

@Kingzor/Good - To answer goods question, he died from ronnie overflow. Thats what happends if you stack them back till the entrance is full.

Otherwise, the clan owns again. 8)

Sign in to follow this