EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
MitFantasy

Need more Tier 2 and 3 Darkness tower

Like the title said. Apparently you can ONLY achieve tier 2 and 3 darkness thru fire and nature and that's it. I went a round with ELWD and seriously there was no darkness tier 2 or 3 to fend off water rounds...And I remember Muck Tower used to be Darkness and now it's Earth...which totally killed me like 2x now for keep forgetting that. Anyway, shouldn't we have more option with Darkness?

Darkness towers:

DF - Magic Tower

DN - Disease Tower

DLF - Radius Tower

DLN - Oblivion Tower

DFN - Voodoo Tower

Yes, you will need either Fire or Nature (or both) to get a darkness damage tower other than Darkness tower itself (and dark arrows/cannons).

You are right, there are fewer ways to get darkness. This is because there are only 5 combination-towers that deal darkness damage, while all other elements have 6 towers. this is simply because the number of combination towers is not dividable by 6. ie dome element would have to have only 5 combo towers, if not darkness then some other tower would have to suffer it... unless ofcourse the periodic tower of the elements would have darkness damage instead ^^.

About Muck you should know that when it was changed from darkness to earth damage, at the same time if I remember right, Voodoo changed from fire to darkness damage.

I get the idea that darkness doesn't have any "real" damage tower. It got oblivion which isn't very usable in interest farming in random. And radius should have a more set range some small remake. keep the idea, but a small remake.

Darkness does seem to be lacking in options.. magic and radius is the commonly used damage towers. disease is semi-support and cannot be played as a damage tower. oblivion is too much micro for most players (harder than impulse).. voodoo is support.

and in 6-ele, the build with t1 darkness tends to be weaker than the build with t2 light.

the roots/muck builds are generally harder to play well than the nova/windstorm set..

Perhaps, you should give MUCK back to Darkness. Earth already have plenty of good damaging towers and it definitely have plenty of AoE. Darkness have 2 main damage towers and oblivion is hardly used for it's hard to micro for noobs and horrible choice for pro due to inability to interest farm and the other 2 towers are support.

Muck are a support tower and wouldn't solve the problem by far... the problem isn't the lack of darkness towers, more the lack of "powerfull" darkness towers.

Guest M45T3R

Maybe remove Oblivion tower because we all agree here that it sucks bad, and replace it with something better. The same tower icon could be used for a "black hole", like in DotA where all the creeps are absorbed into it.

Maybe remove Oblivion tower because we all agree here that it sucks bad, and replace it with something better.

Let's hope this works ;). Disease is also getting remade to not be quasi-support.

Let's examine the distribution of support tower damage types. Out of 11 total...

Blacksmith - Fire

Trickery - Light

Well - Water

Corrosion - Fire

Enchantment - Nature

Voodoo - Darkness

Polar - Earth

Windstorm - Water

Muck - Earth

Roots - Nature

Nova - Light

Fire 2x, Water 2x, Nature 2x, Light 2x, Earth 2x, Darkness 1x

Since support towers are lacking in regards to dealing damage...each element has only four "damage towers" to its name. This is fine.

Darkness towers:

DF - Magic Tower

DN - Disease Tower

DLF - Radius Tower

DLN - Oblivion Tower

(DFN - Voodoo Tower)

Yes, you will need either Fire or Nature (or both) to get a darkness damage tower other than Darkness tower itself (and dark arrows/cannons).

I consider this a serious problem.

Sign in to follow this