EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest netherforce

Trying LFWN

Guest netherforce

Ok, so I've just ran into Element TD 4.0 (have been playing 3.0 for a long time), and I seem to do bad in multiplayer games.

I liked the versatility of having two AOE slows with LFWN, but even though I slow a lot, I cant seem up for my dmg so my Impulse towers are catch-leaking (think that's what it's called). I wonder how you guys place towers.

I play on Normal btw.

I usually take:

W

F

L

$

N

F

W

... something like that, is this a good way?

Im selling/rebuilding quite fine I think at least better than my friends, but later I seem to use up too much gold and end up with crappy towers.

I tend to build at IV and V, Impulse at V, Nova at V and VII. Tidal I just spread around. I always try to get a Vapor tower at V, but I never seem to upgrade it. Should I upgrade to level 2 or a triple tower?

Please, could anyone help me with my questions? Where should I put my towers? and what should I get first?

I think the power of that build is tidal/impulse/well. In 4.0 the support is weakened a lot, level 1 triple support probably makes no sense until midgame or later, so nova and windstorm won't save your day. But dual support - well in this case - is strong from early on.

Tidal is a tricky tower, its special attack has to be used manually, and for me it works best on long pass. Impulse has its weaknesses too. As any tower, it's only great if you max it out quick. I constantly micro it, because it only does decent damage to distant targets, and basically none to close ones. So I'm right-clicking all the time, then firing the tidal, then impulse clicking again, and try to sqeeze in a tornado movement to max slow. It's a hectic build. :)

As for placement, impulse right in the middle, at 5. Tidal on long pass, so at 5. Support close by, especially nova at 5. So, um, all at 5?

The build: If you need an interest, take it first. After that light is probably your best choice (earth is better, but your build doesn't have earth). Wave 11 is earth, but all other eles have a weak wave too here. Since impulse has no light, your first triple would be a tidal. Wave 25 and 29 would require a bunch of light arrows maybe. Or you go water at 10, leading to problems at 12, and fire at 15, making 16 a problem, getting impulse complete at 20, only to face 21 - fire undead, which is basically the anti impulse wave. You'll probably survive, as a lv.1 tripple is still strong on 21, and you should have money for some water cannons. Or you drop interest at all, and just win. :P

Master did a good replay with that. He did improvents on impulse placement (I'm using that now) and incorporated 4.x ice (it's light and aoe, unlike in the pb):

>>Click here, I am a replay.<<

Guest netherforce

Sorry for being such a noob, but I'm quite new to microing. Have played mostly with my mouse only, like point and click kind of game. Ok, so microing is that [Ctrl]+[Number]? Cause Im doing that with my builder and element chooser.

Tidal, is that the main source of dmg? Or should I maybe try some focused element towers? But if the Tidal is the dmg, isn't it hard to micro all those? Or maybe I should just stick them into one place so i get a better overview...

Okay it seems like everything sticks at V, but are there any places worth building towers? I just thought V and IV would be great because of Impulse being in the middle...ehm.. whats the microing with impulse is gonna do? Am i gonna point out each and every creep with the impulse? Then there's the problem with more than one impulse, should I use everyone on one creep?

Nova, should i just stick with one at V or should i make one more at VII?

Sorry for asking that much, but i really want to learn how to play this build efficiantly even though its so hectic ^^

And I can't view the replay either...is it the 1.23 version? I have changed to the new version 4.1, but I dont think it has a lot of changes for my build anyways :P

Thx for helping Cisz :D

The forum has so many good players, who not only play well but helps new players like me :)

yes, Ctrl+Number can help you keep your towers together but that is not required - I wouldn't even do that myself. The important micromanagement that you should do is as Cisz sais - keep the impulses firing at furthest target possible, Right-clicking with your mouse at the unit furthest away from the impulse towers, yes, you may use several impulse towers here, use them as a group and make them attack the same creep but make sure that the impulses are not very far (more than say 500 range) away from each other, so that they share the same "furthest away target" and thus making your group manual attack effective. When creeps are all close up, walking around area V - click your tidal towers and use the splash ability when all enemy units are within 700range. Then back to impulse towers. between waves you can manually summon a tornado and place it at the middle of area 5 where it slows a good area :) And Nova tower I doubt you will need more than one of.

a good picking order would be maybe: $ WFN FNW WN LL. impulse towers should take care of the bosses - just remember to upgrade it to velocity between wave 35 and 40 :) With this element order, i'm warning you, wave 35 (dark healing wolves) will be tough.

Too bad you can't view the replay, but instead you can go record your own and show us how you own :)

maybe an easier way to pick would be $ WFNL FNWL WN... try that if the impulse opening is too problematic, but I think you can do it! just keep up those water arrows to cover for your early game weakness to fire waves! Oh and BTW - if you don't want that interest that you suggested in OP, then you can remove that to make place for another tier 3 element (giving you tier 3 non support tower duals for lategame) or a pure essence :) they should all work.

The replay is tft 1.23 and eletd 4.0. You don't have the 1.23?

Guest soyamilks

I love LFWN too but I still haven't try that-__-"

maybe you can also use electricity too. I like that and its range is 1100! It is a very useful tower now. Getting life tower is also a nice choice too=]

Guest netherforce

@Cisz: I have TFT 1.21a version now, so there may not exist any EleTD 4.0 replays on it.

@jolin012: Thx for all the tips, I will try what you've suggested.

Okay, so what do you guys think about dual towers that's gonna become triple?

I usually go Well for Tidals, Ice for Windstorm and Flame for Impulse. Electricity/Life for Nova i think.

So when I go for the windstorm, the creep kind of moves fast, so I move the tornado along the road where the creep run. I find that I survive longer if I do that instead of letting Tornado being still. I don't know if this is an efficient way, but I may cut that out, if Im gonna micro all the tidals and impulses.

So Cisz suggested Tidal first triple, jolin012 Impulse...is the nova or windstorm any good to start with?

Thanks again for the tips, Ill see if I can make it to ronald on normal :P

support towers don't really make good starts.. tornado slows, so it is stronger to micro it along the path in the midgame. with both slows upgraded, everything would be at V, with a little impulse mirco at the start of every wave..

using which duals to upgrade to triples usually doesn't matter that much as those duals often don't stay in play for long... some would just use elemental arrows and interest farm and build the triple directly..

LWFN is basically a V build, or if you can handle it, could try VII..

I just tried lwfn on the 4.1 and went impulse first (no interest). Wave 21 is still one hit, so the only problem there is the revive.

If you want, I can do a 1.21 replay for you. I completed a game on the second try, so it shouldn't be much work.

Guest netherforce

Thank you, I would love to see a replay of yours!

I came to wave 58, my velocity towers werent great anymore, and my tidal were weak too. I spammed with water and light towers for extra dmg, got pure water and pure light. MAybe not the best way of damaging, but its great as of now.

I jus noticed that the double no leak (done on the pb) is a 1.21 replay. I guess that's where the lwfn comes from. Try this.

I'll do a 4.1 soon.

Guest M45T3R

LFWM is definitely the best build in multiplayer; go impulse first, then get tidal before building a second impluse. Then build one well tower. Then build 4 ice towers to cover for dark levels along with 1-2 wells to buff em. After that you're all set; all you need to do it build tornado/nova (LEVEL 2 ONLY; this is extremely important as lvl 1 won't do crap, and you will have wasted 3000 gold) and upgrade your existing towers.

I made a 4.0pb guide on youtube, so I might make one for 4.x with this build, which might help you understand better.

Sign in to follow this