EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Cisz

[4.0] Ronald crash bug (300)

I tried to reproduce the bug on vh xsm, and it didnt happen. Also we have two players/replays with over 1000 ronalds on vh.

So how do I reproduce this bug? Else I can't test if it's still there.

Edit - On ve xsm it crashed at 300 ronalds. So this is diff dependant?

Apparently this is so.. discussion on the irc chat..

the crash occurs when the game adjusts the max hp of the ronalds (for lower difficulties). in VH, there is no hp adjustment..

when the hp is too large to be reduced, the game crashes..

Kara has loads of testresults, hes just to lazy to let us know how this bug works, or how to test it, or what to test for..

And I believe I have finally conquered the problem. The next beta is coming out shortly. The best way to test? Use -level 60, and see if you can make Ronalds crash :P.

Guest M45T3R

An easy way to solve this is to put Ronalds at same HP for every difficulty. It would also balance the game a lot better.

then VE would be at a severe disadvantage as ronald's starting max hp is 2X that of wave 60.. so if you use the VH difficulty hp, it would be a VERY HUGE JUMP in hp for VE players...

but it would preven players from killing 20k ronalds? I guess that is what he's trying to point out. remember that ronald on VE has a lower armor. MAYBE this is a good idea that master points out, but it's a side problem from the actual problem: players playing on a too easy difficulty (which we should maybe not solve through ronald if we can do it a real way. again, how about announcing player difficulty when they select it.? And on the multiboard. I would rather do all these changes in a total overkill than not at all. it is an important issue that ppl play on too low dif.)

Guest M45T3R
then VE would be at a severe disadvantage as ronald's starting max hp is 2X that of wave 60.. so if you use the VH difficulty hp, it would be a VERY HUGE JUMP in hp for VE players...

I still don't see why that would justify making Ronalds unfair

Sign in to follow this