EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest serdelus

Handful of suggestions

Guest serdelus

Hello,

I've been playing EleTD for some time now, with friend inhouse and on battle.net and I have some suggestions for the map (with my mates contributing).

1. Change the ap sold rate from 75% to 100% like in ar mode. In ap now the selling for interest ends quite early. It's not viable later, and it loses the eleTD charm (interest rate). Also, its harder to train for playing ar / other tournament modes. It wont hurt anybody, and ap is supposed to be easier than ar anyway.

2. Change choosing of game modes from button clicking to command line parsing (-ap , -ar). You may thing that it is too much like DotA, but the truth is that whats commonly used isn't autmatically bad. It would be easier for host certainly and there are multiple game bots that choose the game mode via command line automaticly.

3. Make an option for host to delegate selecting difficulty mode to players only. Now, there is either choosing difficulties AND game modes(short/extreme/chaos) or not. Many times we had to RMK because someone voted short mode when we didn't want that.

There are also bugs we discovered, I suppose they will be fixed on 4.0 now:

- Earth armor priority

- Laser tower stunning

- Game crash on to high count of ronalds

- Undead level lags

- Multiple Aoe towers lags (kindle/ roots etc.)

Forgive my English, My head hurts and I'm not native :)

About 1. - AP has a huge advantage over rnd, as you can plan ahead your entire build. So I guess to keep mixed randomeness possible this is not going to happen.

About 2. - The menu is much faster. It's fully hotkeyed, and if you play a mode that you know the hotkeys for, commandlines are less efficient. We don't settle for the best, we want to be better. :P

About 3. - I don't play the pb a lot lately, but isn't there a "refer" button fer each single choice?

About your bug list:

- Earth armor priority - Finally fixed.

- Laser tower stunning - Not entirely fixable, but less of a problem nowadays. It's a combination of a tft bug and lag.

- Game crash on to high count of ronalds - Will never be fixed. It's a tft bug. Play on very hard man. :)

- Undead level lags - Mostly fixed (less of a lag).

- Multiple Aoe towers lags (kindle/ roots etc.) - They do? Not sure if that's different now.

Same here, your welcome. :)

You can assume all of thoose bugs are fixed, I also used to have problems with some of them. But it is fixed for me now.

P.S. playing AP and 100% would be uhm.... extremly imba. BUT it could be an extra mode like dwarf style.

Guest serdelus

But AP is supposed to be the easiest. Most of the difference between EleTD and other TD is income. You esentially take it away in ap.

I've been thinking: could be l-fs mode (full sell), so you could play what you wanted: -arfs (normal ar), -apfs, -ap(normal ap) and so on.

Still I think that Console command line is faster. Just one text and you are done.

I don't play the pb a lot lately, but isn't there a "refer" button fer each single choice?

Hmm... Maybe my friend who hosted it is a little retarded. I'll check this out ;P

P.S. playing AP and 100% would be uhm.... extremly imba. BUT it could be an extra mode like dwarf style.

The truth is, it would be imba only for pros. Common player still playes normal mode on battle net pubs.

Pros play AR anyway.

$$$ start in AP is prbly the most interest abusing build in the game. I don't think it even takes DDRKirby's build speed to pull it off. AP with elemental arrow tower abuse can get you to lvl 30-31. I think that should be the limit to interest abuse. Later in the game, it becomes more about not overbuilding and always having the least amount of money invested in order to kill the wave. Even in random, past the halfway point of the game, it becomes pretty much impossible to fully do interest abuse. You can sell/rebuild a portion of your defense, but elemental towers can be used to that effect as well, so I think that the balance between pick and random is fine.

About the command line thing, there are going to be extra modes and options in 4.0, so it will be more complicated for the user. Also, the option of letting players choose difficulty/random or vote for it just makes the input even harder. Voting for multiple things at the same time wouldn't really work either. Memorizing the menu hotkeys can be faster than typing a command line.

Hello,

I've been playing EleTD for some time now, with friend inhouse and on battle.net and I have some suggestions for the map (with my mates contributing).

1. Change the ap sold rate from 75% to 100% like in ar mode. In ap now the selling for interest ends quite early. It's not viable later, and it loses the eleTD charm (interest rate). Also, its harder to train for playing ar / other tournament modes. It wont hurt anybody, and ap is supposed to be easier than ar anyway.

2. Change choosing of game modes from button clicking to command line parsing (-ap , -ar). You may thing that it is too much like DotA, but the truth is that whats commonly used isn't autmatically bad. It would be easier for host certainly and there are multiple game bots that choose the game mode via command line automaticly.

3. Make an option for host to delegate selecting difficulty mode to players only. Now, there is either choosing difficulties AND game modes(short/extreme/chaos) or not. Many times we had to RMK because someone voted short mode when we didn't want that.

There are also bugs we discovered, I suppose they will be fixed on 4.0 now:

- Earth armor priority

- Laser tower stunning

- Game crash on to high count of ronalds

- Undead level lags

- Multiple Aoe towers lags (kindle/ roots etc.)

1.Agree, even if you can plan your build in ap, that's just fair, and ar should just be random, there shouldnt' be any other difference.

3.Agree.

I don't play the pb a lot lately, but isn't there a "refer" button fer each single choice?

Hmm... Maybe my friend who hosted it is a little retarded. I'll check this out ;P

The truth is, it would be imba only for pros. Common player still playes normal mode on battle net pubs.

Pros play AR anyway.

You play dota right? If you actaully said this on their forums you would get extremly flamed.

It is sort of like dota, the map get balanced via the competiv plays like dota.

It is like saying "nerf davion, he has imba armor, my riki can't kill him" in dota.

Guest serdelus
You play dota right? If you actaully said this on their forums you would get extremly flamed.

It is sort of like dota, the map get balanced via the competiv plays like dota.

It is like saying "nerf davion, he has imba armor, my riki can't kill him" in dota.

The difference is, dota pros play ap (well, it isn't strictly true, but tournament modes are based on ap). EleTD Pros on the other hand play only modes with full resell. I'm just saying, the only difference between ar and ap should be randomness, not some other pro features. If you wanna practice some ar build nowadays you cannot becouse of 75% resell (Well, you could play ar until you got build you wanted, but meh...).

About the command line thing, there are going to be extra modes and options in 4.0, so it will be more complicated for the user. Also, the option of letting players choose difficulty/random or vote for it just makes the input even harder. Voting for multiple things at the same time wouldn't really work either. Memorizing the menu hotkeys can be faster than typing a command line.

I disagree. It's is easier to memorize command line, you write only on line. -apsmex obviously points to ap short mode extreme mode. It's very easy. IMO dialogs in w3 maps give them unproffesional feel. (much like wisps selecting circles of power).

Moreover, game bots cannot choose dialog buttons, while they can input game commands.

For new host's it is easyer to have the dialog box, and if you play battleships imo dialouge box doesn't feel unproffesional. Also how do you have a "refer" with command lines?

-cdcpce

choose difficulty - choose pick style - chose extra ??

Well, you say that you can't practise with it, but you actaully can if it is added as an extra mode.

That eletd pros only play with full sell is not entierly true. First of all, in most games, that is true, in 4.0PB we played mostly SR (random) which is full resell, since the game was too imbalanced for AP. In 4.0 things might change a bit since we tried to create balance :)

Anyway, we have been playing something called Forum draft, which is a serious competition In AP Mode, with player-banned Elements and towers.

I do think full resell for AP can be an alternative option to normal AP, but the 75% resell version needs to be kept in for competitive/draft play. Maybe put it in 4.1 or something. Full resell AP sounds too easy tbh. Would basically be a for fun mode.

Also, DotA isn't played primarily against the computer. In DotA, the main enemies are enemy heroes, in EleTD, the main enemies are the creeps. Difficulty between AP and AR/SR should be balanced.

Sign in to follow this