EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest M45T3R

Mechanical creeps balance suggestion

Guest M45T3R

I don't know if anyone noticed, but mechanical creeps are WAY harder than other creeps. I'm not saying that it's impossible to not leak, but these waves always prevent players from saving gold because you have to mass arrows/overbuild to compensate for one single level. I think we should increase the cooldown of the invulnerability from 12 to 15 seconds and reduce the spell effect time from 1.5 seconds to 1 second.

could be due to wave 32 composite mechanical.. whereas composite undead is 56, composite healing is 60. fast isn't as much a problem, 38 being composite fast. it's not unusual to leak 32, pros leak a few occassionally too..

don't you have to overbuild for undead too, and to a lesser extent, fast and healing?

Guest Silfarion

I don't think it is like WAY harder than other creeps; try, look at level 60 and level fifty something (i forgot again, what's with me?) of evil child and murlocks; they are even harder than mechanicals. and also death knights are hard considering they are undead, which is actually one of the weakest from the 'special' creep effects.

Guest M45T3R

Healing, undead and fast creeps are not too hard; they are not as easy as a regular waves. But mechanical, :? . Besides, I'm not asking for a HUGE change, I'm just suggesting that we weaken their spell.

Since Slow And splash is the strongest of strategies and it's major weakness is mechanicals, I guess you can imagine what weakening mechanicals would lead to.

Guest M45T3R

What do you want me to say, splash towers deal way more damage than single target if you count the total damage.

if you use slowing too yes.

I want to say that the strongest strategy would only get stronger if mechanical creeps were nerfed, because it (slow&splash) owns everything except mechanicals with ease. It would be good to find a way to tackle the slow&splash problem, but currently it's not "solved" to 100%. mech is what is holding the build back.

To make this even clearer: In the dev team there is a strong party that thinks that slpash/slow schould not be the one and only way to play the map.

Guest M45T3R

I still don't understand; nothing has an "advantage" over mechanical creeps. Single target towers still need microing to be effective (i.e. target the creep that is the closest to the finish line), but invulnerability prevent that.

Single-target towers have an advantage over splash towers against mechanical as there is no 'wasted' damage. (unless the projectile is fired before invul but hits after invul )..

and most pros play at IV V.. which gives enough time to build long range towers/covering towers at a slower placement to catch the mech leaks..

I still don't understand; nothing has an "advantage" over mechanical creeps. Single target towers still need microing to be effective (i.e. target the creep that is the closest to the finish line), but invulnerability prevent that.
Try Magic, Mooshroom or Impulse. They all work easily no-leak in 32. (All the others are easy though). And you needn't to micro them. (Maybe impulse a bit).

In Public Beta Hydro could do it too (but it will be changed in next version!).

And don't forget to build slowing towers ;)

Guest M45T3R

Wave 32 is easy to beat, just mass some arrows and you should be fine. But at lvl 45? No dual tower will beat that wave.

No dual? Energy towers will. ;)

Oh, you mean lv1 dual? Try to mass electricity with support, and see what happens. With decent slow it should be no problem.

In pick you can easily avoid building 3 aoe/splash tripples. Just have an impulse or zealot and keep 1500 gold for a pack of elemental arrows. Relocate the arrows once and all should be fine.

Sign in to follow this