EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
echinodermata

Sell hotkey vs Cancel hotkey

Sell has hotkey X, and Cancel Building/Upgrade has hotkey ESC. Unfortunately, this means when I accidentally upgrade a tower, I'll be furiously pressing X... which of course won't do anything. Oops. That wastes a few precious seconds, and, if I don't realize fast enough, I'll be stuck with a tower I don't want. Then I only get 75% back if I decide to sell.

Can we have the same hotkey for sell and cancel, or, alternatively, can we sell directly during the upgrade?

I'd also like to see X aborting an upgrade! but i doubt it's possible. *forwarding the question to the map editors*

Guest DKthe13

I agree with that :)

(i'm not a WC3 player, only eleTD, i don't know what WC3 keys are)

Guest Sancdar

What if you want to cancel an upgrade but you're too slow and it finishes before you finish pressing X to cancel? Now you've sold for 75%! It's also dangerous if you press it twice, etc.

What if you want to cancel an upgrade but you're too slow and it finishes before you finish pressing X to cancel? Now you've sold for 75%! It's also dangerous if you press it twice, etc.

excellent point.

please don't change things :lol:

Guest Sancdar

If you really want to, I think you can use a wc3 key-changing thing to make x press x and then press esc. It's important to do it in that order!

I'm 90% sure DotAKeys or whatever program I used to use for DotA can do this, no clue about others.

Guest Silfarion

BTW, why is the sell hotkey x? isn't it supposed to be something like s?

Guest Silfarion
"S" is Stop, so sell can'T be s. :)

Well, but why is it something that is not related at all? Like, usually hotkey is taken from one of the letters of the button.

Guest M45T3R

I don't see why you would mind that there is no "x" in the word "sell" ; it's not like it's inhumanly complex to memorize one letter.

Guest Sancdar

Nor is it inhumanly possible to memorize an unrelated letter for each tower, but that's not the point.

X does relate to sell because it's like you're crossing out the tower. Or...X marks the spot, and you get gold from selling. Or really because it's an uncommon letter in an easy to reach spot and there isn't a BETTER key to make as sell.

Guest Silfarion
Nor is it inhumanly possible to memorize an unrelated letter for each tower, but that's not the point.

X does relate to sell because it's like you're crossing out the tower. Or...X marks the spot, and you get gold from selling. Or really because it's an uncommon letter in an easy to reach spot and there isn't a BETTER key to make as sell.

Err, k. Well, i guess it will be too late to change it by now, because many people should be used to X hotkey, including me :lol:

Sign in to follow this