EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Void

Early game tower placement

Guest Void

I just wanted to hear what some of the pros think about this. Since I mainly play public games, I've developed my strategies simply out of observing other players and just placing things where it makes sense.

I tend to place my towers on that bit that sticks out on the left side near the first bend in the path, I start with 3 advanced archery towers there and one normal cannon tower (which i upgrade to super as fast as possible) above the archery towers.

I find that this allows my cannon to reduce the HP of the creeps to around 50% at which point my archery towers can pick them off in two or three shots.

Guest M45T3R

Read the HolePercent's guide, it is extremely well explained. Here is the minimal amount of towers required to beat each wave until lvl 13 (S=super arrow, A=advanced arrow, E=elemental arrow):

1.S

2.SN

3.SA

4.SS

5.SS

6.SS

7.E

8.E

9.Use two elemental towers (preferably fire) because it's undead.

10.ES

11.EE

12.EE

13.EE

Now where should you place those? It really depends on whether you're playing solo, against n00bs or against pros. The general idea is to build them at a position where the creeps will pass twice by your towers. If you have 2 towers firing at a single target, place them perpendicular to the lane so that they will target the same creep. If you are playing alone or against n00bs, you can place them at position ii or vi (if you don't know what that means then check out the tower placement guide) whilst if you playing competitively I would recommend you kill the creeps faster by building at position iv, which is what 95% of the "pros" do.

Guest M45T3R

If you can master very hard you can master easier, so yes.

yeah, up until round 13 there is pretty much a tried-and-true opening that a lot of experienced players use. If you watch a replay by someone like Cisz or jolin you'll see it.

Guest Sancdar

There are some alternate builds, like if you start off with interest you don't have access to elemental arrows. In that case, you can do level 7 with SSA (cheaper than E by 28) and level 8 with SSS (more expensive than E by 9). If you aren't playing chaos mode, 6 super cannons will take out level 9 (nature undead). Occasionally you'll leak one or two at like 5 HP, so be prepared to build a basic/advanced arrow to take them out.

yes, but there's no great and reliable way to have 3 towers always shoot at the same creep. in cases such as where i start out with $$$, i usually just mass an appropriate number of super arrow towers and don't worry about exact damage.

Guest Sancdar

You can get through using 3 towers without leaking and still catching interest pretty easily, but sometimes you're selling the towers at 4 instead of 5, or weird combos, etc.

when you're not lazy it is actually better to sell/rebuild all at all interest timers, and relocate between the areas 8 and 5... faster and more interest. but else the above strategies work very well.

Guest Void
If you can master very hard you can master easier, so yes.

I can complete the game on VH. I've done it before without losing lives, too :P

There is a difference in standard between public games and real pro games. strategies that work in single player do not always work in competitive multiplayer.

his original strategy is also something which most pros do not use.. a mix of arrows and cannons, at least for the first 10 waves.. most play by the standard opening, as featured in my guide. there are others who play by maximum interest, like cisz's VII, V, III, - switching (singple-player), or rushing as seen in the forum draft series..

Sign in to follow this