EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Exodus

Element TDs popularity

Ever wondered how popular Element TD really is?

There is one site, which shows you how often a map is hosted on each realm in bnet. See here.

For some reason EleTD has been hosted quite often today in Northrend ...

"Some reason" would be a hosting bot. Anybody knows who is using a hosting bot to host eletd?

I frequently joined bot hosted games over the last few days on northrend.

Oh, and I found another thing which kinda belongs to this topic.

Someone showed me a series of videos where some guy comments several maps of Wc3. Although it was shown to me, because Battle Tanks was mentioned, in one part even Element TD is commented. You might want to check it out ;)

http://revver.com/video/1393365/warcraf ... ew-part-2/

(it starts at about the middle of the video)

Oh, and I found another thing which kinda belongs to this topic.

Someone showed me a series of videos where some guy comments several maps of Wc3. Although it was shown to me, because Battle Tanks was mentioned, in one part even Element TD is commented. You might want to check it out ;)

http://revver.com/video/1393365/warcraf ... ew-part-2/

(it starts at about the middle of the video)

LOL NICE VIDEO! I laughed my ass off when the guy was talking about how generic some maps were, and plain right just saying how terrible an aspect of the map is. The guy is hilarious! Very nice review btw!

Also, thanks for the link to the Map Gnome Database. Does display fresh new statistics each day? How does it work?

Lastly, I'd like to say without a doubt, Element TD is extremely popular! I run the hosting bot that hosts Element TD on Azeroth to help distribute the map. Games fill to full house within a matter of seconds when hosted at the right time. When my friends aren't online, I can host 3-4 bots at once, and they all fill in a matter of seconds!

Also, thanks for the link to the Map Gnome Database. Does display fresh new statistics each day? How does it work?

It's updated frequently, but I'm not sure how it works. Even maps, which are hosted only once on Bnet are in the database and available for download.

Guest Apoc-

Hm maybe it's a bot running, checking map names -> if not in list: join - dl - leave - add to list - upload -> continue search

I'm mapping a project myself atm and even this one is in the list and if i open a game there is almost everytime a guy (or multiple ones) dling the map and then leaving.

At least in Northrend the public beta still seems to be more popular than the final version ... maybe that'll change with 4.1

On another note, MapGnome now enables you to open the map archives, meaning that everyone can take a look at the (optimized and therefore harder to read) source code of any map. I already contacted MapGnome about this, but they don't want to change this :/

Sign in to follow this