EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Engr.O

Prompt visitor @ homepage?

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Engr.O

Everytime I visit this page, I observe that when I log-in, I had to go first in "Visit the Community Forums" menu before I can log-in. So, it takes time & delay just to log-in as for ordinary user. Unlike in my way I log-in is through just typing directly to address field. Not only that, to those visitors who are just for first time to view the webpage, it doesn't take their attention to encourage them to join. So, I suggested to have a prompt log-in & register interface @ homepage in which takes the user attention to focus in that interface. Like in friendster.com (but I'm not promoting it here. I'm just give sample).

Hoping you will consider this. Pls. support. ty

If you consider this, it would great help not just for myself but to all of us. Making this game more fun and more gamers of eletd.

Sorry for my poor english. Hope you will understand.

I'm looking forward on this. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely yours,

Karawasa told me that the main page is not made for people. It's meant to be easy for bots. I wholeheartedly disagree with him, and I am strongly encouraging a lot of changes. One of them is to make the navigation much easier.

@Engr.O - Link your browser to http://www.eletd.com/forum/ directly to avoid the homepage, and select "Log me on automatically each visit [ ]", that should help a lot. ;)

Karawasa told me that the main page is not made for people. It's meant to be easy for bots. I wholeheartedly disagree with him, and I am strongly encouraging a lot of changes. One of them is to make the navigation much easier.

That is an overstatement Cisz. The main page should be made for people first, but my word choices in particular sentences were due to bot indexing. I would be happy to entertain any changes you propose, do post them!

Readers look at the beginning of the sentence first, so the first word on each button schould clearly show where it links too.

Imo a perfect forum button looks like this: [Forum]

If extra info needs to be on the button, maybe do it like this: [Forum - meet the community]

Cisz, I have taken your idea under consideration and implemented it. Check out the first 5 links on the main page guys.

Cisz, I have taken your idea under consideration and implemented it. Check out the first 5 links on the main page guys.

and about the Engr.O proposal about puting a "log in" and "register" on main page, i think would help to incress ppl on forum

and about the Engr.O proposal about puting a "log in" and "register" on main page, i think would help to incress ppl on forum

I am not opposed to the idea; in fact I would be interested in implementing it. However, there is already a button on the menu for the forums, so where would this "Register" go? If anyone wants to brainstorm potential ways of adding this to the main site, I will consider it...

I am not opposed to the idea; in fact I would be interested in implementing it. However, there is already a button on the menu for the forums, so where would this "Register" go? If anyone wants to brainstorm potential ways of adding this to the main site, I will consider it...

well, nowdays the site menu is separet by 4 menus with they submenus

*Element TD

*Game Information

*gameplay help

*Affiliates

well, you could add one more in there and will be like this:

*Element TD (take out forum from here)

*Communit (forums, log in, register)

*Game Information

*gameplay help

*Affiliates

i think would be nice

I don't believe it's necessary to have login/register from the home page.

If you want to increase exposure to the forum,

> You could directly ask people to join the forum somewhere in the text on the home page

> You could put short, summarized versions of the gameplay guides (such as the tower placement guide) on the main site, and link to a longer, in-depth version on the forum

But anyway, all of this "encouragement" probably will have little effect.

Guest Sancdar

Logging in at the home page only makes sense if there's a global account for the site, so you've got access to PMs from every page, and your theme is applied to everything, etc. Given that we have a perfectly functional forum and site architecture right now, I don't think it's a great idea. Maybe sometime in the future.

Sign in to follow this