EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Kaini

Ingame video tutorial

I think a tutorial would be very cool. The map is more complicated than we think. (I introduced some friends B))

There should be a menu entry (first window) named 'Tutorial'.

Then a small video introduction (like in Blizzard TD) begins. After that a VE game begins. If more then 50% of the players press escape the tutorial ends (again like in Blizzard TD).

I suggest following text (Replace ... with Camera moves to):

Welcome to Element TD 4.0 Public Beta. (http://www.eletd.com)

In Element TD you have to kill creeps before they reach the end of the circle. ...the end

They start spawning here. ...the begin

To do that you can build towers with your builder. ...the builder

The builders build an Arrow Tower

You can update towers. Hint: One updated tower is stronger that two normal towers.

The Arrow Towers updates

The builder builds the standard Arrow opening for wave one.

In the top right corner you can see a countdown. If it reaches 0 the wave starts. The countdown reaches 0. The wave starts. The camera follows the first cheep. It dies the camera zooms out to see the all towers. The towers kill all enemies.

All 5 rounds you get a lumber. You can build better towers if you summon elements here. ...the Summoning Center. The computer summons a element.

If you killed it you'll be able to build an Water tower. Builder builds an water tower.

If you've got more elements you can combine them. Water tower updates to T2

Per example: Water + Fire = Kindle Water to Kindle

You can look up all combinations in the Quest View.

That was an small introduction to Element TD.

Good Luck!

I played a lot of BlizzTD, and the tutorial never aborts early. :(

Why not? But the tutorial mustn't get too long. But I think if the player updates his towers he'll notice the elemental arrows.

I played a lot of BlizzTD, and the tutorial never aborts early. :(

It does. Maybe not in singleplayer. Btw: did you ever complete it?

Guest DevouringOne

A nice idea...but this video tutorial must be a shoort one I think...

btw: I think that Cisz somewhere mentioned that he had complited BlizTD...

It does not, only in single player. Maybe its broken, maybe there allways is one player that forces everyone to watch the damn thing all over again. I played it like 70 times online, and it never aborted. I think it really has to be either a voting or the host decides, or voting and the host can override it. If we go for "if there is one funny guy who thinks this is a clever joke"-method, it will probably suck.

And yes, I completed it a lot, normally no leak and with any hero. I usually dont use hero towers. Did you know there are two versions of the map? One is (or maybe was) available in the map vault of b.net, it's a very hard version. And the other one was included in tft, and this one, the easier one, I no-leak. The harder version I barely survive. ;)

I don't know if this is true.

But in one version it seems like teleporting creeps are bugged. I suppose it is in the hardest.

A nice idea...but this video tutorial must be a shoort one I think...

btw: I think that Cisz somewhere mentioned that he had complited BlizTD...

It is short ;) That are is a maximum of 90 secs.

It does not, only in single player. Maybe its broken, maybe there allways is one player that forces everyone to watch the damn thing all over again. I played it like 70 times online, and it never aborted. I think it really has to be either a voting or the host decides, or voting and the host can override it. If we go for "if there is one funny guy who thinks this is a clever joke"-method, it will probably suck.

And yes, I completed it a lot, normally no leak and with any hero. I usually dont use hero towers. Did you know there are two versions of the map? One is (or maybe was) available in the map vault of b.net, it's a very hard version. And the other one was included in tft, and this one, the easier one, I no-leak. The harder version I barely survive. ;)

Ah cool i never got it. Maybe I doesn't understand how it works.

I have no idea how to do cinematics...this would be an epic undertaking. Also I think the element aspect won't work because it is research based and can't be downgraded...

I think most of our problems can be solved with an ultra-short summary of Element TD. Short enough that it can just be a message at the beginning of the game. The shorter the better.

There are 6 elements in Element TD. Each tower/creep level has a corresponding elemental damage/armor type:

Light > Darkness > Water > Fire > Nature > Earth > Light ...

Ex: Fire attacks do 200% damage against Nature creeps and 50% against Water creeps.

To build elemental towers, you must summon and defeat elemental guardians. Every 5 levels you will receive 1 lumber to summon 1 elemental guardian.

A dual tower can be upgraded from a single element tower, as long as you have the 2 elements necessary for it.

Ex: Darkness,Earth => Gunpowder

Similarly, a triple tower can be upgraded from a dual tower.

Ex: Darkness,Earth,Fire => Flamethrower

For more information, see the Quests Menu (F9).

(And then in the Quest Menu, you can put a less condensed summary on the first page.)

Since newcomers always wonder why they can't build any elemental stuff at level 1, add a follow up message.

You will receive your first lumber at level 5.

And similarly for short mode and extra-short mode.

All this info is allready avasible under the builders "Tip" ability. :)

I have no idea how to do cinematics...this would be an epic undertaking. Also I think the element aspect won't work because it is research based and can't be downgraded...

Cinematics are easy :) Maybe you've already seen the cameras in the World Editor. And for cinematics you haven't to research anything - you can do everything you want to.

Sign in to follow this