EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DevouringOne

Darkness tower < Nature tower

Guest DevouringOne

I think that the change of darkness tower made new problem...

We have 900range nature tower that attacks with 0.66 attack speed and it have very powerful single target dmg and the chance for missing or loosing a lot of dmg when shooting creep with very low HP is smaller than this tower:

1100ranged darkness tower attacks 2.4times slower than the nature tower with imba single target dmg thay means: if we have very damaged creep darkness will alaways loose dmg shooting at it...

And I think that nature tower is more powerul than darkness tower.

Whats your opinion?

did you understand how to play darkness tower properly? give me a screenshot of where you placed it please.

although it might need a small buff anyway be4cause slow speed and that placement actually is rather hard to play.

Guest DevouringOne

One suggestion for the buff: Next hit that this creep is going to recieve will be powered with 5%

if the creep is hitted by darkness next hit is hit from triclery tower(500)dmg but it will become 550...this will make darkness tower more useful and equal to another towers.

Let me repeat jolins question:

You do recognize that darkness has 1100 range and is a semi-longrange tower that can cover the center of the map plus two of the three outer lanes?

Guest DevouringOne

Yes I know but it is still weakr than other towers....

1100 range combined with slow firing speed is not exactly easy to place well.. one square difference can make quite some difference in coverage of the bottom and/or the right lanes..

post a screenshot of your placement and we'll see if that is the optimum placement..i too have misplaced the tower in some games..

although probably a slight buff may be needed..

Guest Timberwolf

Placement schmacement. Obviously either dark or light towers have to be used centrally (or for that matter Gunpowder), everyone knows that. It got a range nerf with no real buffs to make up for it and it wasn't exactly the most powerful tower in the game to begin with. It's bad. All of the current range towers beat it unless you take it all the way to pure. And even then I'm not sure how a couple pure Darks would stack up against mass Vulcan towers in terms of the exact math but I have a feeling which way I'd be going on that one. There's no way I go to dark level three looking for pure dark if I've also taken earth.

Guest DevouringOne

I've tryed earth...it is little weak not as weak as darkness but still weak it fires one time per sec and dmg is not so high maybe if it has 800 range...it will be OK.

earth shall not be buffed by range imo. but yes it is perhaps a little bit too weak. note that you can not just compare it to fire on a normal wave. cause on a normal wave, the range doesn't matter, the range that earth has that fire doesn't can be a little bit useful, but not at a normal wave with only that one tower, which is why it's weaker than fire, but a bit too much weaker.

Guest DevouringOne

So no range...Damage? or More Splash and More Dmg? in the recent betas most useful elements are:

Light( You all can see, in my rep, that this element IMBA!!! But let it stay unchanged)

Water( The best element with splash dmg. The %-age for usement is equal of %-age of the water on earth. :) )

and Fire...

for me single element towers (besides pures) only end up being useful in SR. in AP I end up using elemental arrows until wave 30 anyways, and then start building duals and triples.

Pure earth is on the weak side... pure light or water is more or less the 'standard' .. pure earth and pure dark probably a damage buff.

although in my early build project, i actually used pure dark for a few replays.. then pure light.. before putting the splash pures into play.

Guest DevouringOne
for me single element towers (besides pures) only end up being useful in SR. in AP I end up using elemental arrows until wave 30 anyways, and then start building duals and triples.

Yes...this shows that for almost equal gold cost(tripple tower and focused elemental) you have more useful tripple than harder to build and handle elemental tower that reqiuers lv3 elemental to be killed!

um - what you mean is that triple towers have better damage/gold/sec, aka more effective, than focused single element towers?

Sign in to follow this