EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Karawasa

Warcraft 3 - Element TD Version

Check it out:

Interested?

Simply download the attached archive. Unzip it in your default WC3 directory. Double click and run CUSTOMBG.reg.

If you want to undo it simply delete the UI folder.

Hmm? I extracted it on my default WC3 "C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\", but the screen goes white... Am I missing something here?

Error.JPG

I have updated the original post with a new download.

@lesher: Check the C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\UI\Glues\MainMenu\MainMenu3d_exp directory. Delete MainMenu1.tga and MainMenu.tga and upload the attached MainMenu.tga file to that directory.

What is the diference? I got it working, after getting 1 blue windowed computer.....

But I deleted all "UI" images, they were to gray... should have been another color like purple might fit. Maybe not red, but not gray.....

If you like the background image but don't want the gray buttons, all you have to do is delete this folder:

C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\UI\Widgets

I've attached the files for the gray button theme. If anyone wants to try and figure out how to modify it, that would be much appreciated.

Hmm.. I tried the widget, and it works!

But not the background, still having a white screen.... :(

Nice with those purple ones.

And changing them shouldn't be hard, you need something that opens blp files (like Wc3_Image_Extractor_II)

And then some photo program that can open tga files.

I could have done it but I was to lasy xD There are some pictures and this program can only take 1 picutare at a time.

But I can do some if somewhone begs for it. :mrgreen:

No, just if you want to edit the UI. Not to use it.

What resolution do you use?

EDIT: every resoulotuin works for me, but max I can use is 1024*768.

1024x768 sire....

more edit:

And strangely enough, I tried it on other computer with WC3 installed but won't work either. It got white screen just like I had before...

@echinodermata : Could you pleasr try those UI on your WC3? I wanna see the result.. exactly

Btw, your screen name... Does it have something related to biology?

I haven't downloaded it myself, but it seems very unfair to have nature and earth blocked out like that.

@echinodermata : Could you please try those UI on your WC3? I wanna see the result.. exactly

@lesher - Take a look at the screenshoot in the first post. ;)

@Cisz: What do you exactly mean by "look"? Did your UI changed correctly?

@lesher - What? I don't understand you and I have a feeling that you didn't understand neither echinodermata nor me.

Please don't take the following translation any serious, it's a comical parody and totally misrepresenting your opinions. It's just that I didn't get your opinions at all, and this is a bit what it looks like to me. ;)

Translation:

echinodermata: "This design doesn't work, look, it covers the elements on the right side with the menue. I don't even have to install it, because the sceenshoot, showing how it is supposed to be, clearly illustrates that the design is all wrong."

lesher (as misunderstood by me): "Install it anyway. I want to see how it looks on your computer. I think this will be interesting, to compare the screenshoot of Karawasa, and how it turns out on your machine. And I don't care that you don't want to install a theme that looks bad in the example picture, maybe it will look much better on your machine?"

Cisz: "I agree with echinodermata, that design is far from excellent. And lesher, the screenshoot shows very clearly the problems of this mod. Why should he even bother to install it?"

lesher (not even closely understood by me): "What do you mean by 'screenshoot'? There is a screenshoot? And you should install this theme that you don't like too, so we can all compare three identical pictures of a design that doesn't work."

So lesher: What? Are you talking about? :?:)

There is a picture in the first post, the post by karawasa. That picture in the first post shows how the theme is supposed to look. To echinodermata and me it looks like someone ;) simply pasted a full screen loading picture as a background graphic, which didn't turn out very well, as the screen is intended and designed to be visible in the foreground. Kinews artwork looks bad when covered by the menue like that. And consequently, echinodermata and I don't plan to install it. Why should we? We allready know what it looks like, and we don't like it. :)

So lesher, please explain to me why you keep talking about us installing it?

Ahh.. I said you (I mean Cisz) and Echinodermata to try it because I wanna know if:

- I am the only one who got this problem

- Or, you guys also got the same problem like me...

Sorry, I didn't mean to force you guys.

And, Cisz, are you kinda angry at me? It looks like you're furious when replying my message...

Angry? :shock: Sorry about that, didn't mean to sound angry.

Maybe that's because of my headache. Beeing confused made it worse I guess.. ;)

So you were trying to get info on how to properly get this thing to work. Ahh, I kind of forgot about your older post there, and didn't reread the entire thread when new posts where added.

Ok, got it now, back on topic:

I won't install it if it looks like that. Maybe there is a manual on how to install gui themes? I couldn't find one yet. Karawasa cen give some help maybe?

Sign in to follow this