EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
jolin012

[Beta 12] Upgrade Speed

We have been promised decreased upgrade/build speed since a long time ago, and I'd like to see taht in the next change log.

We have been promised decreased upgrade/build speed since a long time ago, and I'd like to see taht in the next change log.

Who else would like to see this?

A decrease in build speed -> do you mean that you will build slower?

A decrease in build time = build faster

So I must know for shure wich one your talking about :?

Cut me off: But i think that sould get slower. :D

I think if building time gets decreased

one small but nice part of the complete strategy get lost. I remember in 3.0 you have to update the towers in the right moment - in 4.0 you can do nearly everytime.

Ok I'll try in easy sentences :P I have to improfe my English.

I think building time should not get decreased, it shoult take more time. Because IMHO it is important to think about the timeing, like in 3.0.

In 4.0PB you can update you towers neary evertime without leaking.

@Kaini can you rephrase that? I couldn't quite understand.

Wait, faster build speed? Imagine what my replays will look like now... :lol:

The faster builder movement helps my building as well. I'm excited already =p.

Personally I think I don't really desire faster building speed or upgrades, as much as I desire more "constant" building speed/upgrades. I mean how the higher tier towers always take longer to upgrade. This stifles my playstyle a little bit lategame. Of course this might not be the best decision in terms of balance (having pures/periodic take a long time to upgrade makes sense) but I'm just saying what my mind wishes for whenever i'm playing SR.

As a pure random player I get the same feeling with my fingers shaking just to get started.

But the strategik is true.

I edited my post :)

As a pure random player I get the same feeling with my fingers shaking just to get started.

Aha.. i have got it to. The 'omg it will beginn soon' feeling. Then have a stretch in the fingers :P

Cut me off: But i think that sould get slower. :D

I think if building time gets decreased

one small but nice part of the complete strategy get lost. I remember in 3.0 you have to update the towers in the right moment - in 4.0 you can do nearly everytime.

Ok I'll try in easy sentences :P I have to improfe my English.

I think building time should not get decreased, it shoult take more time. Because IMHO it is important to think about the timeing, like in 3.0.

In 4.0PB you can update you towers neary evertime without leaking.

I don't remember 3.0 at all (have never played it seriously. Can't even remember if I played 3.0 or some RC beta version, but it was a long time ago and only a few times if any), so maybe that's why I am not understanding.

In 4.0 pb when I am playing a run-of-the-mill VHSR singleplayer game I have support towers at 9 and 3, and I mass damage towers at 6. I can sell/rebuild the group of damage towers at 6 between every wave, every time, pretty much.

Is that what you are talking about? So you don't want that to be possible?

If building/upgrading towers took a longer time, I would STILL be able to sell/rebuild the group of damage towers every time. I would just not be able to be quite as aggressive in terms of last-minute building/upgrading. It depends on the state of the interest timer, of course...

In 4.0pb I am always "thinking about the timing"--My eyes are always on the interest timer so I can sell just before it hits and build right after (in late game this changes to: start building as timer approaches 5..4..3..2..1 because building/upgrading takes longer at that point in the game).

Sorry, maybe try to illustrate your point with a hypothetical example comparing the two extremes? =/

Yes, I meant to decrease build time, ie build faster. but now that you mention it kaini, maybe the game loses a bit more of the strategy that way. Although in random i find it more fun to switch between lvls (which was more possible in 3.0 when wave-countdown timer was 5 sec and not 3) and rather boring to build all supporters and a couple of damagers and basicly sit there and wait. and random will never be balanced anyway:P so - I'm not sure what's best for the map, but I'd like to see a little bit faster building.

I know everytime a game startes a trigger makes a player do this chat message:

Warpten :lol::lol::lol:

Ontopic: I would like to se decreased buildtime, specially when you play extreme. I mean we could just test it, is it bad change it back :mrgreen:

Sign in to follow this