EleTD.com
Califax

General suggestions

Eyaa.. So I haven't really been here since the Dota version "died out".. But I have been playin mobile version recently, It's really nice "afk-school-game" and I wanna bring up some (old) suggestions.

• Single-tap confirmation
    • Currently you have to double-tap everything. Select a tower > yes, I want to build this.
    • This is more like personal preference, but I would like to build / select everything with single-tap.

• Pause or "Always press start to begin the wave"
    • I feel like the mobile version is "fast phased with akwardly slow selecting", I want some downtime so I can plan ahead.
    • Pause simply pauses the game, but you can still access everything. Kinda like counterpart for 2x speed.
    • Just simply give infinite downtime before waves, It's currently ~5sec?

• Drag to select tiles / towers
    • Currently you have to tap every tower one by one to group select them. I would just like to drag my finger across the screen and select everything it touches.
    • Again this is just personal preference.

• Top-down view
    • There was dicussion before about rotating the camera, so you can select towers behind other towers more easily. But it wasn't possible.
    • There could be little "minimap" that shows you top-down view of the playable area, or just simple grid. And you could select the tiles from it.
    • I know you don't want useless shit in the UI and what not, but I think there should be better way to select the one little Light Tower middle of the cloned Hail army.

3 hours ago, Califax said:

Drag to select tiles / towers

• Currently you have to tap every tower one by one to group select them. I would just like to drag my finger across the screen and select everything it touches.
  • Again this is just personal preference.

There's a double-tap function to do this, though if you want to select less than that, then yeah, it's one-by-one. Also note our selection system does not allow players to select towers of different types and/or levels.

3 hours ago, Califax said:

Top-down view

• There was dicussion before about rotating the camera, so you can select towers behind other towers more easily. But it wasn't possible.
  • There could be little "minimap" that shows you top-down view of the playable area, or just simple grid. And you could select the tiles from it.
  • I know you don't want useless shit in the UI and what not, but I think there should be better way to select the one little Light Tower middle of the cloned Hail army.

Hmm, would it be easier if the clones were more distinguishable from the rest? Right now, they just got this shadowy effect on them, though especially in clusters, it can be really hard to tell the difference. I'm not sure how useful that UI thingy would be. Probably more confusing than anything.

I've poked for the other two issues you asked for and while I'm not entirely behind the one-tap to confirm (at the very least, provide an option for it), I definitely would like to see the wave timer gone. I've heard from several people that they want the time to plan ahead, and with the current system, it can be difficult to do that. It's one thing in the other versions due to having multiplayer support, but in here, where the interest timer pauses anyways when a wave isn't going so you can't break the system... plus mobile gaming is usually more supportive of "play when you need to, pause when you need to"... yeah, I'm all for that.