EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
WindStrike

Patch 1.7

This patch brings a few balance tweaks, but ultimately, it brings something much more awesome: Co-op Mode! It brings a new mega map that supports up to 4 players, where waves of enemies spawn from all directions. Teamwork is necessary to survive and beat the game, unless you're playing by yourself, in which case, I do not guarantee it's possible to win any higher than Normal difficulty. Anyhow, here's the patch notes:

• Co-op
    • By default, when you select to play Element TD, it now selects Co-op Mode. If you want to play the standard game, change the map from ELEMENT_TD_COOP to ELEMENT_TD.
    • You start with higher Gold, 2 Elements, & 100 Lives.
    • There are only 50 Waves of creeps.
      • There are 6 Spawns scattered around the map, each one spawning 20 Creeps.
      • The lanes all converge in the middle, where the portal for creep leaks is.
      • The Wave Order is always random (aka, Chaos Mode).
      • All the no-ability waves have been replaced by Bulky Creeps, which have double health, spawn slower, spawn half the amount, and leak twice as many lives.
    • Gold & Interest are split evenly between everyone.
    • Lives & Score are shared.
    • Modes
      • Due to lag reasons, there is no Rush Mode available for Co-op.
      • Due to pointlessness, there is no Same Random available for Co-op.
      • Due to insanity, there is no Express Mode available for Co-op, though we may add this back later for hilarity.
  • Balance
    • Fire damage increased from 18 / 126 / 880 / 8800 to 20 / 140 / 980 / 9800. Blaze damage increased from 6 / 42 / 300 / 3000 to 8 / 56 / 400 / 4000
    • Nature damage increased from 70 / 490 / 3430 / 34300 to 75 / 525 / 3700 / 37000
    • Electricity bounce range reduction altered from 33% per bounce to 30% per bounce
    • Tidal range increased from 700 to 900. However, damage decreased from 600 / 3000 to 500 / 2500, and maximum damage reduced from 1800 / 9000 to 1550 / 7750.
      • Yes, it finally got nerfed.
    • Tier 3 Duals had their Gold Costs decreased from 5000 to 4750.

Patch is live!

54 minutes ago, yoitzhiok said:

Pst pst pst, Elec still sucks ass.

It's gonna take probably a rework of some kind to actually fix the tower. Can't just straight bump the numbers up without making it blatantly OP early. It'll probably come same that Life Tower gets a rewor- I mean, wha?

*hides*

Wow, it's a long time since I donated a couple of CD keys to the WC3 development of this fantastic map, and I just happen to discover a great DOTA2 version on the day of a new patch, and one that even brings co-op.

Now I know what I'm going to spend the rest of the weekend doing .. and next week .. and the weekend after :D

Also just bought a pass, gotta keep the support coming.

For Lightning tower tho,

I guess if we look at it from a tower's PoV, we can classify all towers under a few categories: AoE, Single-target, support, damage, burst, slow-kill

Compared to real AoE towers (like Poison), Electricity's AoE is okay, but single-target really just goes down the drain. It has no support, and unless it's four or five creeps running through, it doesn't pick up the stragglers effectively at all. It hits averagely.

So...

AoE/ST:                ----o------|----------  5 AoE

Support/Damage: ----------|----------o  10 Dmg

Burst/Slowkill:      ----------|-0---------   1 Slowkill

So a far ranged tower with decent AoE, damage and no supporting attributes, which means it does consistent damage throughout  It is meant for slowly withering the enemy down. Fire + Light means you can throw in Nova and Windstorm for slowing everything down, but really, it gets outclassed by Vapor (Fire + Water) for AoE, Light Tower for Single-target. Yet it can't strike a balance between those two to be any good (unlike Poison Tower, which is bae)

I wanna say give it an additional effect where if there's no creep to be bounced to, the initial target takes 25% more. This makes it more balanced.

21 hours ago, WindStrike said:

It's gonna take probably a rework of some kind to actually fix the tower. Can't just straight bump the numbers up without making it blatantly OP early. It'll probably come same that Life Tower gets a rewor- I mean, wha?

*hides*

Eeeeeeeeeee. /happy

Sign in to follow this