EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
yoitzhiok

[Suggestion] Have score not based on time, but by distance travelled by creep

Basically title suggestion. Allow players with Slow builds to actually compete for leaderboard and not be about being the fastest, but the most efficient.

This is not a good idea imho because slow builds are already the strongest right now.

If you have slow tower you get already rewarded in more income procs which outweighs the points you lose when you have a decent amount of money saved up 10.000+.

You get the points back in the frog waves because you can kill more frogs with more gold.

Hmm, let's say on average, speed builds earn 25% more score. Are you saying that Slow builds can earn that 25% through frogs?

Also, I don't know the builds of the people on the leaderboards. I've heard of the income + gold tower trick for frogs, but I'm not too sure about points.

Right now speed builds can't compete in score with slow builds so I didn't thought about them. 

slow player = Finishing the first 55 rounds as slow as possible to maximize the gold in 58 min+
You end round 55 with less then 200k score. The whole idea is to neglect the prefrog score to maximize the frog score.

Slow towers increase your game time even longer which gives you even more gold to work with. 

Some slow builds don't have access to a lot of good slow towers which means they are already in a disadvantage because they can't gain as much gold. 

I see no reason to buff slow builds with slow towers further.

Maybe it's just me, but I've reached score rank 77 yesterday solely without any slowing device whatsoever. On very hard only. If I tried on insane I would top 50 probably. Before frog, I had 350k going into frog, and ended with somewhere around 477k. I really doubt the amount of frogs I've missed made up for that extra speed I had.

Well I guess it depends on your perspective. 

Seems like you went some mix which is fine but it has limits.I mean with "speed can't compete with slow builds" the upper limits(your score is 46% from the 1. place score). 

Realistically the score before frogs can't be much higher than 450.000 but if you try to reach that you have to take a specific element build and you can't aim for gaining a lot of income. That is the reason why fast builds have a limit around 650.000.

Slow builds are only limited with the amount of gold they can gain over the 55 rounds and the amount of space you have on the map. There is no hard-limit no one breaks.

note: all numbers are for insane I have no clue how much is possible in other modes.

50d7a298529aa1ca5f1a074350374df8.png

He is actually right, about what he says. Saving money is worth more as killing fast in this patch.

Sign in to follow this