EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
dvdlesher

Hotkeys

Okay, I admit this is not really a suggestion about balance, but I just can't seem to find the right area for hotkeys.

I'm kinda guessing this is impossible because of the game engine limitation, but is it really truly impossible for you to define your own shortcut keys like in warcraft and starcraft?

Changing my first skill hotkeys to "L" (because first skill of my builder is Light building) fucks up my tower sell button, because the sell skill hotkey also changes to whatever the first skill button is.

Not to mention, when it comes to dual towers, it becomes kinda strange since you are memorizing their location hotkeys rather than the name of the tower itself (which might be good for some people I guess).

So, all I'm asking is: is there really no way to change the hotkeys to use the tower name like in warcraft 3 era eleTD?

Unfortunately there is no way without going full custom UI (which we dont have plans to do at the moment), I tried Legacy hotkeys and that lets us override the hero hotkeys but not the units so you completely lose the hotkey on Sell and Upgrades. Wish I could do something else to keep the legacy hotkey layout but without fully investing a bunch of time into it there's not much to do about it for now :(

Btw have you tried selecting the 2nd tab (neutral units) and setting specific hotkey for the first skill? It requires the "mirror hotkeys from hero" option to be disabled. That might solve it for you

Edit: I think this ended up on the Mobile version by mistake.

I figured this might be the issue, I have actually been noticing this a lot on multiple Custom games where legacy keys simply dont work on them. It may be a good idea to see if valve would be willing to implement custom game based hotkey system into the game/workshop so this isnt a problem.

Sign in to follow this