EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
ixmike88

Cloned towers are the same unit type as the original tower

hello, cloned unit types (the rubick tower ability) are the same unit type as the original tower, when i double click the original tower it will include the cloned towers and i will lose the ability to sell the towers because cloned towers do not have the sell ability

Clones should still have a sell ability (for 0 gold). You can tab until you reach a non-cloned tower to the others.

Would it be better if the 0 sell ability also forces the usage of the 75/100% selling? Using the main tower selling will kill the clone, while selling a clone is generally just for clearing the area for construction.

the problem with the cloned sell is that it's a different ability and when i double click a tower (to select all of them), the sell button does not exist since its two different abilities (and i personally don't have the tab button hotkeyed)

my solution would be to have cloned towers be a different unit type so that they're not selected when double clicking the original towers

Making them different unit types would require duplicating the whole tower unit data (so that's not happening)

I still not sure about the problem, I just built 4 of the same tower and a Trickery (with -wtf) and selected them both with Boxing and Double click, I can sell just fine in 2 rounds (clones will be put earlier on the selection, because they are newer units)

You would like the non-clone towers to be sold-first?

sorry, the interaction must have changed recently

i think the the non-clone towers should have priority, but ideally i would prefer that whichever unit is selected would have priority in the group

Sign in to follow this