EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Timberwolf

How close are we to a "full" 4.0?

Define full. :)

With a working ballance and ladder system?

It takes years for that, as I allways stated, although karawasa doesn't like it when I keep pointing it out, so don't tell him. :P

Guest Timberwolf

I guess in terms of full I just meant "a new verson, officially no longer labelled a beta". Just was curious, not impatient.

Not that I'm not still having plenty of fun with the 4.0PB. I don't think I'll ever be much of a ronald hunter, but the one thing I'll say for a version where 3-element towers >>>>>> 2-element towers, is that it always keeps random mode very interesting and should always leave you with a fair chance to do a bit. I really don't think there's any particular advantage to playing all pick mode in the PB, if you plan to do the "old way" and go with 4 elements. I'd much rather take my chances on hitting 5 or 6 and take my 100% sell returns for sure. Game is a bit more of a lottery, but it's a fun one.

Guest Archangel

I don't know why you don't release versions like 4.1, 4.2... because you will always attact more and more players by new versions :)

I think we are in a range between 1%-99% finnished.

I think we are pretty close to a new version.

I really don't think there's any particular advantage to playing all pick mode in the PB, if you plan to do the "old way" and go with 4 elements. I'd much rather take my chances on hitting 5 or 6 and take my 100% sell returns for sure. Game is a bit more of a lottery, but it's a fun one.

random is "easier" than ap if you get decent picks, since you generally should have more interest, so there's more money to play around with, plus your tower build is a lot more adaptable and you can fix mistakes (*i'm reminded of the time when I mistakenly upgraded to well instead of windstorm as my 2nd tower in an ap game*) and catch leaks and everything.

But for me random is always more "stressful" since there's much more sell-rebuild going on. Of course that's partly due to my style as a heavy interest abuser, but whereas in all pick, sell/rebuild with elemental arrows/cannons becomes pretty much obsolete as you work your way past lvl 30, in random I aim to be doing it throughout the whole game. I also find myself constantly spamming tower query because I need to know what towers I can work with for sell/rebuild.

that being said i tend to generally like playing random more than ap. =p

I'd say we are not that far away from the full 4.0 version. There are some expansive balance changes we are going to be testing out. Along with that, a few towers are getting reworked or remade. However, I have given up the idea of 4.0 being a perfect or near perfect version. This means it will come out sooner than it otherwise would have, and will be followed with 4.1, 4.2...etc.

Sign in to follow this