EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Koxeida

One suggestion for Kindle Tower

Like it?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Koxeida

Level 1: Burns nearby enemy units for 150 points of damage per second to units within 750 AoE. Damage from multiple towers stack.
Level 2: Burns nearby enemy units for 750 points of damage per second to units within 750 AoE. Damage from multiple towers stack.
Level 3: Burns nearby enemy units for 3750 points of damage per second to units within 750 AoE. Damage from multiple towers stack.

The above one is the old one.

What about changing the damage to like

Level 1: deals 4% of creeps' current hitpoints every two second

Level 2: deals 8% of creeps' current hitpoints every two second

Level 3: deals 12% of creeps' current hitpoints every two second

It's still remain as compoisite damage and the damage from multiple towers DO NOTstack and the aoe remains the same.

Additional Note: When the creeps are hit by the kindle, they'll have a buff that'll prevent them from receiving damage from other kindle towers. And the buff last for around like 15 ~ 20 seconds.

PRO

- It remains useful throughout the game as the creeps' hitpoints increases.

CONS

- It cannot kill unless of course the creeps' hitpoint is 1 :?

- During early game, it may not be as useful as before.

Last words: Number can be changed :) Vote for concept ^^

I hope you all understand what I mean ^^ Sorry for bad english.

Changelog

Jun 5 : posted and nerfed it to 3%/6%/9% and make it deals every 2 seconds, change the dmg not stackable.

June 28: There's new thing added to the suggestion. ^^

no wai.

imagine how easy ronald hunting would become.

assume each kindle tower hits about 8 times. one lvl 3 kindle tower then reduces a creep's hp to 15%. two kindle towers would reduce it to 2%. three kindle towers would reduce it to less than 1%!!!

Guest Koxeida

Hmm let's just say Ronald HP is 1,000,000.

1st hit, 1,000,000 to 790,000

2nd hit, 21% of 790,000 , will left 624100

Hmm seems like ROnald's hunting will be very easy X_X.

I'll try to nerf it ^^.

Edit: Nerfed alot already :D and feel free to comment ^^

Well, the idea is good. Kindle needs all new ideas it can get.

But it would be better to build 2 kindles then to uppgrade it.

i'd still rather just have kindle be useful early-mid game and decrease in usefulness, than have it be relatively useless until later on. it IS a dual, ya know.

Yes, agreed. Duals should be lategame usable, but I think kindle should be early game.

And the skill is far to imbalanced (cannot be balanced without changed the concept. Change the tower completely and add the ability in an another way.)

I have to agree - %-based dmg is very cheesy on ronald. And wouldn't that be composite dmg?

Guest Koxeida

It still seems like my idea is still imbalanced :shock:

Oh well, I hope someonelse have much better idea than me ^^

Kindle is rarely used after like level 30 + so yeah, it really needs a change, but my idea ain't too perfect <_<

Guest kevs926

because of the haruhi avatar, i'll give you a thumbs up!

will armor affect the damage? yes ofc..you need to buff it

idea original? not really, it's just an aoe ice age tower.

but still, thumbs up for the haruhi avatar!

idea original? not really, it's just an aoe ice age tower.

Ice age doesn't deal damage equal to % of creep hp, it temporarily reduces it's hp, to be given back after 5 sec=) (if not killed allready)

Guest Koxeida

Ok now i hope the kindle tower is really balanced :) Please check out the post, especially the Additional Note :)

Sorry mate, but a tower that deals damage equal to a % of creep hp is just not possible balancewise. You can't have a tower that deals 6damage/sec at level 11 at the cost of 500g and ast the same cost of 500g deals 10000 damage at level 60.

It's just not possible, and at a higher tier of your tower, where it does 10% every 2 sec, that means ONE kindle tower could reduce a wave to half it's hp Nomatter what level. Half their hp for 6000gold, at level 60, is that fair? And if you combine with slow I'm sure you could get one wave down to a third or a fourth of their starting hp for just 8000g and (0,90^6) (6 is the number of times each creep is struck)

The only towers who increase their strength by the same speed that creep waves increase in hp have to be calculated into build planning as supertowers/suporttowers, and this one is meant to be a plain damage tower, dealing the same damage, no matter current wave. Ok, it has been tried with flesh golem tower, but was proven not to work out, either too weak or too strong it is.

It seems a bit better now.

How about having it a bit like the old death? (I liked that tower :? )

This is just a random idea, to help you get other ideas. (no balanced numbers just example)

Roast an area of 500.

Deals 500 damage to creeps, Gets bonus damage if the creep has lots of life according to this number ( 500 * (creep hp%/2)%

So it would deal (500 * 50% = 750) if the creep has 100% life.

And (500 * 20% = 600) if the creep has 40% life.

It could be without /2.

It could be more according to life.

500 AoE

(10 damage * creep hp%)

It would deal (10 * 100 = 1000) if the creep has 100% hp.

and 500 if the creep has 50% hp.

So this might be imbalanced aswell and heavy damage to lots of creeps in an area.

Maybe it would be better the other way.

(10 * creep missing hp%)

it would only deal 10 if a creep has 100% hp.

it would deal 500 damage if the creep has 50% hp left.

There could also be a cap at 50% hp for both ideas.

Yes I think so.

It should stack good.

But but either it can be depending a lot on the hp, or it can depend less little.

I think the missing hp idea is one of the best, but might be the one hardest to balance.

But it will not be so imba lategame is it has a maximum damage. But it will be based on creep hp so I thought that it would be a bit easyer to balance.

hehe, that sugguestion I've allready done, a tower opposite to old Death:)

I said it more like a base damage+ the effect that means extra damage/% hp left. But that'd be a bit weird while the effect can be like 1000 times as strong if the creep has 0,1% hp. So, maybe it'd be better like you say a base damage+ the effect that means (extra damage)*(missing hp) which might still be a problem to calculate as some difficuties enable creeps to enter at not full hp.

Sign in to follow this