EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ixmike88

Randoming investments

Guest ixmike88

I'm fairly new to the game, I can pretty much beat it but when I'm playing Very Hard / Random I seem to get a few investments in the early levels, what can I do to help me get by for 5-15 levels?

Guest ixmike88

Probably, I think half of my problem is I get too greedy with the interest and end up saving all of my money, do you have any replays?

Guest ma23

use long pass for elementals

w/o micro, quark isnt worth getting

dont do resell before composite, undead or mechanical unless you have elemental advantage

use position 3 and 6 when there are few elements to choose from

get a lvl 1-10 build using only arrow and cannon and stick to it

Guest ma23

heres a replay of all cannons which got me to lvl 27.

i did very little micro and so can be better with sell/rebuild.

i just chose cannon cause i think it is better than arrow though im sure i wouldnt be able to kill any elementals if i summoned them.

vhard cannons lvl 27 ---ma23---.w3g

Guest ixmike88

pretty helpful for the early levels, the farthest i've gone is around 38/39

if you get randomed 3 investment picks, this is a short sample of how you can beat lvl 1-20 without leaking, with arrows and cannons.

this one is played at area 4/5 and contains some micro, can be done slower at area 3/6/9 and with less micro/less interest farming. but interest farming is a good thing with 3 interest picks.

3 investments.w3g

Those are good tips, I agree with the other posters.

Your micro looks great, especially when your worker runs around early on and drops towers everywhere, but, if I may be so insultingly open, you seem to slightly lack a plan. :)

I have some more bits:

-Don't use blacksmith before you have at least 2000 gold worth of dmg tower that it can boost. Blacksmith does not work on many tower, like for example electricity (which you combined with it), nova, oblivion, and many more.

-Learn about two pass and long pass here, and don't play long range towers on anything if it's not either mech or you have 200% dmg. With 200% long range is tollerable, and on mech long range is not horrible. ;) Maybe use elemental arrows instead.

-Use splash towers on undead.

-Pay even more attention to the damage types of your towers and the armour of the creeps, to avoid 50% situations. This one will come easily with playing more games.

If you keep your fast fingers and continue trying you will get a remarkable player in no time. Watch some challenge replays or anything by jolin012 to get some tips.

Guest ixmike88
Your micro looks great, especially when your worker runs around early on and drops towers everywhere, but, if I may be so insultingly open, you seem to slightly lack a plan. :)

Yes, I generally just build around 4/5 with whatever I'm given, I'm only familiar with a few good towers.

Thanks for your guys' input.

Guest ma23

first replay, mushroom is a good tower, use it.

better off with guns at position 5 versus the lvl 2 lights

chaining roots should work for a good long while.

second replay, with 2 investments right off the bat, build at 4 instead of 5 (or any other 2 pass)

dont build in the four squares in the corner of 3

again, mushroom is a good tower

third replay, try not to interest sell before composite especially when you know you need to rebuild at 6 midround

massing hydros just before a nature round =[

hydros and mushroom would have been a good combo. especially when roots and muck could have been added.

I only had a look at your first replay, and hope this feedback can give you some help:

My first impression was, good, you know the early game arrow opening. but why do you build more to the right than us others?

What difference does it make?

One good: more speed (good if you want to kill your oponents with speed)

One Bad: The 2 pass is shorter, so the creeps will not dissapear over the towers, before the first creeps appear under the tower. This can be seen at lvl 1-3.

However, if we look at lvl 4 you succeed to kill them all anyway. Why? Because you both overbuild arrows at area 5 (spend more cash than you have to), and micro very well. so I highly recommend you to build the group of 1-2 towers that do oneshotkill, more to the left, and you will have easier, and be able to farm more cash. (unless you want to play fast)

lvl 4: You raise one of your towers a bit late, so the 2 of them doing one shot kill were risking to get unsynched. luckily they didn't, but if they do, a good trick is to select both of them and spam s until they both stop attacking, then let them begin attacking again, and they will chose the same target:)

lvl 7: good that you use earth tower, now that we got randomed a good standalone element you no longer have to worry about following the arrow thing, but you overbuild alot here. if 150g would be enough for arrows at 4, why would you need to spend 225g on earth tower if earth is stronger?

lvl 9: great (yeah, i can sometimes say friendly things too :) )

lvl 10: you overbuild again

lvl 11: boss=longpass but please remember to play 2 pass if facing a wave of creeps, (except for long range such as dark tower, and towers such as nova kindle tidal quark)

lvl 14: I guess you realized too late that earth was needed

lvl 15: isn't it time to raise a mushroom tower soon? trust me, it's good:)

lvl 16: Err... sorry to say, but elemental arrows was one of the worst possible choices here :( you need splash damage here, so earth tower would be perfect, even mushroom could have done combined with cannons, if you'd have a mushroom from earlier, and too lazy to switch.

lvl 17: hmm, arrow towers on long pass... I can't figure what they are for, because the only reason to have arrows in the middle is for beating bosses, and nature tower and mushroom tower are the strongest single target towers atm, and earth tower would work good too - ON 2-PASS is Very important. The few arrows on long pass area 5 we use in the beginning is just because it's a minor trick needed for 2pass at 4 to work out.

lvl 19: why longpass? I would sugguest again 2 pass, at area 3, 6 or maybe 4. mushrooms at 4 should not have a problem.

lvl 20: arrow towers favors mech i might have said, but that was compared to cannons :) there is no need to switch to arrows for mech if you have other single target towers that are better, such as nature tower and mushroom.

lvl 21: go back to 2pass! :P

lvl 22: Still, arrows is one of your worst towers at the moment. roots is one of the best - it can easily solo lvl 1-27 at a fairily good placement.

level 23: Ah you raised a roots tower :) great. but how about the placement huh? 2pass goes for this too.

level 28: ... earth vs nature?.. if you want, try out a dual roots, on 2passes, so that one works where the other stoops working. (one at area 4, one at area 3/6)

level 32: This is one of the hardest levels, so leaking is hard to prevent. Enchantment tower is not good earlygame, it's mostly a support tower, and not very good for damage. You also raise oblivion tower - it's a good tower, but takes some time to "start up" :( How to beat this level in this situation? One way would be to place roots at area 4 9 3 and the rest on something to relocate. your friend uses laser which is not a bad idea but the tower appears pretty weak, migh tneed a buff... or it's the level that's just hard :P

level 34: Roots and enchantment are both nature dmg towers, the wave is fire :( . And light tower and darkness tower actually sucks... I'd sugguest oblivion tower or laser, if you go laser, that is quite weak, so might need a relocate. Oblivion just needs you to micro your archers (relocate ethem)

That's about it :) else, well played, but remember using the 2pass:)

Guest ixmike88

Thanks for the feedback (even the criticism, it helps more), I've realized most of my problems come from inexperience in the game and not knowing which towers are good and which are not, and another is when I have more than one element I forget they can combine into something :P

I generally struggle on the composite levels, 18/22, and of course 38 which is what I can't beat, I've been told before that light and dark towers are not strong/good, but usually I don't have much to work with so I'm not too sure what to build.

Thanks for thanks, and sorry for "criticism" instead of a more friendly feedback with the same info:P, i was a bit tired, and maybe upset of something else^^

If you get a new element and don't have time to think which towers it combines to, by pressing the tower query button(the one that gives you a list of all available towers) :)

Also on composite levels you only deal 75%, so it IS tricky, but for composites before lvl 25-30 you can switch to super arrows if you are quick and want to, and have no other great towers. ( even though super arrows deal 100% most duals triples, and even some singlel element towers - get a better damage/gold on composite waves, so for lvl 18 - if you don't have a good nonsplash dmg tower, o for super arrows, you look hungry for micro :)

Oh - and i forgot to tell you one thing from before - I noticed that if you are about to leak, you quickly run to the right side area 6 and build arrow tower or nature tower, that's an excellent trick :) but - if you do it at area 3 9 or -(but "-" is a bit far away) you can get a longer pass - that means if there is only one leak to catch, the arrow will fire maybe 7 shots instead of 4 at the target :), try that!

Guest ixmike88

No need to apologize it makes me a better player :mrgreen:

I notice you start to have time in your games, that you don't have to do anything, so you are getting better. :) Try to allways think about the next wave. It is displayed in the multiboard, so even on chaos mode it's possible to plan a bit.

Guest ixmike88

Usually I get unorganized and sloppy when im trying to overbuild on specific waves or trying to catch leaks as new waves are coming (in the later levels).

Sign in to follow this