EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ubernuber

Make periodic tower more expensive

Guest Ubernuber

...for two reasons:

a) Once you get it, it's gg, even on -vh. It's just so insanely strong: 100k damage unbuffed, 300 AoE, composite damage = 100% to all.

B) You can clone them with tier 3 trickeries. This is fun of course, and requires some micro, but I think it's a quite (too?) powerful strategy.

My entry for the Ronald hunt, was done with exactly this: pick 1 income, 1 of each element and then lvl 3 dark + light. Build around 4-8 trickery towers early on and one good damage tower of each element. In each round, transform the trickeries into your best damage tower against that round (mostly muck, which also just owns) and apart from that, mass net worth. At some point, build one periodic tower, that should take you almost all the way to Ronald. Just before the Ronalds, upgrade all your trickeries to tier 3, you should easily have 15+. Keep transforming them into periodics, while using mass AoE slow to effectively increase their recharge rate compared to Ronald's movement speed.

Cloning pures or the periodic tower is something tat troubles me, tbh. It's fun, sure, but how balanced is it if you have 5+/2 pure essences in play non-stop? If you clone normal pures, it's not too bad, since they're good but nowhere near as overpowered as the periodic.

So my suggestion is, make periodics a bit more expensive, so that tier 3 trickery towers can just barely not clone them (about 23k).

Guest Antisun

i think periodic towers are very strong.

i just played a game in public and only the one who got periodic survived longer than me :/

i got (random) pure darkness, pure earth.

not the best but periodic owns them all!

Guest dyehardz

agreed than in public-beta4, periodic tower is very imbalanced.

I prefer other tweak than make it more expensive.

How about this :

make its damage changing to random element each attacks, similar to rainbow tower in v3, but with real random element attack and splash dmg.

and don't use normal dmg (100% to all armor). imho it's too powerful.

the tower needs to be nerfed somehow, whether cost increase or elemental damage, lower damage, lower aoe. personally i would pick elemental damage (like the 3.0 change element or like rainbow, randomly change element every attack). if it's available on random, it's gg. both my winning -vhsr replays ended with ptote (replays in my build list thread.)

Hrm, correction everybody. Rainbow didn't change element just the way it looks.

But Having it changed every new level (not every attack) would ackording to me be good. (and it would look like the rainbow and attack like the rainbow 8) )

Good job pointing that out 13est. As for the current PTOTE, I will be working on balancing (i.e. nerfing) it in the next private beta cycle.

i know the old rainbow's effect didn't have affect gameplay. what i was suggesting is that the concept is used, but the cycling of 'colours' actually did something like changing elemental damage.

but changing every level would be a very hit-and-miss affair, with a small chance to deal 200% or 50% on a given wave, and mostly 100% (not taking into account armour). unless that is the intention?

so it changes every level. but what if i sell and rebuild? change element/restart the series?

Hmm, good point. It should not work with rebuilding. (somehow) The idea "changing every level" was because if it changed every attack it would be like it attacked 100% always.

weirdo idea ontop of the change every level: change depending on time of the day (ingametime) not that it's a good idea. but it just popped up^^

Guest kevs926

don't increase the cost, just decrease the damage and aoe please!

earth should be better that periodic! HAHAHAHA!

Sign in to follow this