Guest .deeEFF

Good summoning built

Guest .deeEFF

I need a summon built.I just wanna try it cuz it looks fun =D

Doenst have to beat ronald.

Please tell me what towers to get

What elements to get

In order.Thanks =D

darkness+fire+nature is the combo for summoning, so there are 3 4-element builds with it:

DFNW

DFNE

DFNL

and 3 5-element builds:

DFNWE

DFNWL

DFNEL

out of these 6 builds, I'd say DFNWL is the strongest. anyway, There you have all aoe-slowing towers and armor reducers. But in a build like DFNWL it's rather stpid to build summoning as base damage tower because there are lots of better choices.

Anyway, if you want a strong build you better have aoe slows in there and armor reducers or buffer. (if not playing gemstone which is booring).

the DFNE build is a bit hard one to begin with, it has no buffer, no armor reducers and no slowing tower. if you want to try it, go for summoning crypt, maybe roots/moon/flamethrower? up to you;)

the DFNW build ads acid well and poison. acid is an armor reducers that will (at tier 2) reduce armor on creeps so that tower does about double damage(on veryhard). well does not boost the summoning tower. The poison tower can be used for slowing, if it is used correctly it can actually be quite a valueable tower, feel free to ask if you'd like to know how. Feel free to try this build, maybe it's a bit hard? remember: you can't have your damage dealt to be 100% darkness, it renders you a huge weakness to light.

the DFNL build ads enchantment tower and nova tower. This one might be a bit easier to use than DFNW because nova is easier to use than nova. you only have to learn the size of nova's aoe slow and then place it well. Enchantment tower is an armor reducing tower, aswell as acid, but requires more than 1 built to affect all c5reeps, as it is single target caster. The enchantment tower can also spend it's mana on buffing other towers, does not work on summoning. Remember: Enchantment will have Inner fire on autocast when you build it, so you have to set Faerrie Fire to autocast instead.

DFNEW can give you poison acid and some more towers of value (like sludge which can slow single target.

DFNEL can give you nova enchantment metal. and some more. metal is good cause it's a strong earth damage tower. the summoning tower will be weak at light levels, where metal tower could coverup. if you have 75% of your damage based on darkness(summoning) the rest 25% to be earth(metal). nova slows, enchantment reduces armor/makes towers stronger, simple as that.

DFNWL.... this one gives you enchantment and acid(both armor red) nova and storm and ice(all 3 aoe slows) and also some poisonnot needed to be built, creeps will allready be at minimum movementspeed with moonsoon+nova/supernova). The problem with summoning tower is that it is a darkness damage tower. to work well as the base damage dealer you need a earth damage dealer for ever 3 darkness to cover up. but there are only 3 builds with earth in. however this build is strong enough anyway. if you want you can have the summoning tower as the cover up damage dealer, while having fire the base damage(put 25% of your money to darkness and 75% to fire). in this case refined fire would be the best choice, because the build have no other fire damage towers(acid and steam count as armor type ignoring). if building pure or refind fire, it would be worth to have a well tower buffing them, and maybe to some manuall inner fire casting from the enchanement towers if you feel like.

feel free to try out some of these builds, depending on how easy you want it, but these are the towers i would use in case of playing these builds with summoning tower.

This cals for some interesting thoughts.

The short version is: Don't use summoning. It won't work.

Trust me.

If you don't believe me, read this:

The main problem with summoning is that it has dark damage but no earth in it. As a dark dmg dealer its great vs water creeps, but sucks vs light creeps. To get those light waves anyway the natural choice would be some earth damage (20% vs light), so DFNE sounds like the logical choice. The problem is, there is not even one good support tower in DFNE. There is only root (it stuns) and that's not exactly good. Maybe you will be able to actually win a game of eletd on very hard with just root as a support, but it is really tough.

All the good support towers have either light in it, water, or both. So with DFN you are allready in serious trouble. As a result, summoning is a great tower that's just placed bad in the builds.

When you get summoning to lv.2, ou need 6 of your 11 elemental picks for that. To get a decent earth dmg you need at least 2 levels in earth, for a total of 8. In DFNE is no good earth dmg tower but the earth tower itself, but you'd need the 3rd level for that, so you are at 9 picks, and still no support. With the two remaining picks you can either got for L and W on level one or level 2 in one of them. L gives you nova and enchantment, W gives you acid, sludge and well.

Guest .deeEFF

ohh thanks for the explanation.I also tried summoning builts but it sucks.I am going to try gold built that cisz used xD

Yep

Try gold instead.

I mean, you can go dwarven style (first arrows, then gold, gold, gold..., no other towers, recommended locations 3 & 4).

If boringness does not kills you, ronald does.

It is not like going for gold is cheating but... it is boring and not exactly a good option for multiplayer. Go ahead, go for gold. Enjoy.

Guest 1mpulse

no. dont. ignore orber. gold is LAME.

go LFWD at leasssssttttttt.

even i can finish vh no leak with gold towers then you feel oddly empty inside at the end

even i can finish vh no leak with gold towers then you feel oddly empty inside at the end

Wow, I didn't know it would be that depressing.

Long answer:

Er, well, due to... er... aparent risk of mental integrity avoid playing gold tower or at least make sure to have anxiolithics and prozac at hand, just in case you discover true meaning of darkness... somehow.

Short answer:

Don't go for gold. Bad idea = Sucks = ...

Guest 1mpulse

YOU WILL THINK YOU ARE THE BEST ELETD PLAYER EVAR..... when really you suck as much as i do.

@orber ... no irc in long time dood

Guest Ubernuber

I'm always one to support fringe builds. I had healing paladins in Diablo 2, and all that.

Winning EleTD with one of the easier builds is not hard, it's getting better at the really sucky/hard ones which is a challenge. I saw a table (by Cisz, I think) once where he listed all 4 element builds...

It would be nice to make an official thread with records for each build:

first priority: finishing at all (on vh)

second: finishing with 50+ lives

third: finishing without leaks (maybe unfair for life-tower based builds)

fourth: finishing fastest

The first post should be just a post with all 4-element builds, and the stats of the current record. If people can improve on the record, they post their replay and the front page gets updated now and then.

Doesn't that sound like something to rekindle the competitive spirit? ^^

P.S.: 5 element builds will almost always contain WFLD at 2, which is a cookie cutter build in itself, hence 5 element builds are not that interesting. We could talk about 3 element builds though... ^^

Some 2 element builds could be viable as well... Gold (obviously), Volcano, Magic, errr...

It would be nice to make an official thread with records for each build:

Actually I hoped once the ladder system is working, each one of us gets an account on this site where we can in ex. see how good we play each build and get some nice personal statistics and overall statistics.

Btw, no-leak means that you didn't leak even once, not that you finish with 50+ lives. (i'm getting off-topic i know...)

@1mpulse: I'm on my exams, estimated time of being back in action: early march. I'm just posting in the forum atm, no games no irc.

Guest Ubernuber

I'm aware of the difference of "no-leak" and "50+", as my different priorities show ^^

first priority: finishing at all (on vh)

second: finishing with 50+ lives

third: finishing without leaks (maybe unfair for life-tower based builds)

fourth: finishing fastest

Sign in to follow this