EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest .deeEFF

Hi,me still new on this game...

Guest .deeEFF

How to make nova tower?I know the elements needed but what is the first tower i have to make i totally forgot sry im quite noob.

And,can someone tell me some good ronald pawn combos?I mean like can kill most ronald.

I was thinking of using supernova ice but i dont know exactly what elements to built.Thanks in advance.

Hi .deeEFF, welcome to the forums. :)

Your questions are welcome here, this forums are meant to help out people like you. You might want to read this text: >> Click me for the map's faq file <<

I copied a part of that faq for your reading convenience:

How do I build the tower X?

Short answer: Press F9 and look it up, there are lists of all towers.

Long answer: Building is a little tricky in Element TD. For example: The Acid tower. It's listed as "Fire, Water, Darkness". But what does that mean? First, you have to hunt down a Fire elemental, a Water elemental, and guess what - a Darkness elemental as well. You do that by spending lumber at the elemental summoning center. Once you have all required elements, you can start to build. Select your worker and open the build menu. But there is no Acid Tower on the list. Now, the Acid Tower is created by upgrading a tower. Since Acid consists of Fire, Water, Darkness, you can start acid with any of those. Just build one of the three and upgrade it to the amplified form. Now it has a new upgrade menu. But again, no Acid. Now remember those elements. If you start with, say, dark, you can continue to upgrade to either a Water/Darkness tower (Poison) or a Fire/dark tower (Magic). And those towers finally have the Acid upgrade in their menu. So if you know the elements to a tower, start with one of them and upgrade your way towards your target. Keep in mind, that towers are expensive. A 3 element tower costs about 1300 gold, to be payed in upgrades mostly.

So you can start with any one of the elements in nova (L, F, N); It doesn't matter which. Then you upgrade to any of the possible three duals (LF - Electricity, FN - Sun, or LN - Life). And finally you upgrade that dual to a nova.

And yes, thats terribly complicated at first and noone understands this on the first few times playing the map.

As for ronald hunting, maybe you should read this and this topic, and the best build for ronald hunting is ldwf-n in my opinion, so you should probably take a look at the lfwd-n guide too.

In short: Get the elements LFWD and N. F on level 3, N on level 1 and LWD on level 2, and with the last lumber get an extra essence. Build masses of fire towers for damage, including 3 pure fire. Use maxed acid and enchantment to drop the armour by 40 points. Use monsoons, ice and nova (and NOT supernova) for slow, maybe even a bit of moon and poison. For maximum effect you need 600.000 gold. And thats no joke.

(You can try the supernova, but you will die in a ronald overflow.)

Is this of any help for you? Feel free to ask for more.

Guest .deeEFF

Thanks for the answers.

I analyse your replays and i see that you keep reselling and rebuilding towers for every creep wave? Does this really increase your gold??

And why do you discourage building a supernova when it is more powerful than a nova?

New Question: What quantity should they be?Like how many acids and fire and monsoon and all the others do i need?

And can you show me the brief placement of these towers for maximum effectiveness?

I'll try to explain a bit what this reselling and rebuilding is about.

Let's say you play a game on random (allrandom, samerandom, ..., where you get your element picks randomized each 5 levels). The most important thing is that the towers sell for 100% of its buildig cost, what means that if you build a tower, upgrade it 3 times, and then sell it, you get all your money back. Therefor, you are not losing money if you build the normal way (there is a long way to build, more to it later).

Now you have to get 2 concepts, first is the interest, second is the net worth.

A+B=C

A is your current Unspend gold, basically the gold you have on the top of your screen. B is the money which you have Invested, basically its the value of the towers you have build. C is the Net Worth, its the sum of all the money you have in total, your gold in cash plus the value of your towers.

Unspend Gold + Invested Gold = Net Worth

Now, the interest is a fix % of your gold in cash that is added to your gold each specific time, like the money in a bank does. Normally, you get a 2% of your unspend gold as extra gold each 14 secs. In a game you will see on the multiboard top right a place saying "Interest" and a counter that goes down from 14 secs to 0. Each time the counter reaches 0, you will get a 2% of the money on A (Unspend money).

Now, lets say you have 1500 Net worth, you got 2 towers that fuse 2 elements (dual tower), like death, ice, magic, ...., which have a value of 500 each.

Your formula would be:

500 unspend gold + 1000 invested gold = 1500 Net worth

If in this exact moment, your interest counter reaches 0, you would get a 2% of 500 unspend gold, 500x0,02= +10 gold as interest earnings.

Now, let's say you realize in the same situation that you are just about to get your interest counter to reach 0, and you sell all your towers. This is basically moving your money from "invested gold" to "unspend gold".

Your formula would be:

1500 unspend gold + 0 invested gold = 1500 Net worth

If in this exact moment, your interest counter reaches 0, you would get a 2% of 1500 unspend gold, 1500x0,02= +30 gold as interest earnings.

You see, you can increase your interest earnings by selling in time all your towers. Neighter the less, it requires a lot of skill to time correctly the events so you make high interest earnings. The selling and rebuilding method to increase earnings is what we call Interest Microing .

My suggestion to startup as a noob, is that you try to sell your towers as soon as you finish a wave, then you look at the multiboard top right, and as soon as the counter of interest passes the 0 mark, you build the towers for the coming wave. Do this up to wave 20 and you will already get an advantage.

There are 2 ways to loose money (Net Worth), one is that on "pick" gamemodes, where you pick your elements each 5 waves, all towers build over an element tower, are sold for 75% of its value, thus, selling them makes you waste money. The second way is using "long building ways", if you for example upgrade a lvl2 dual to a lvl2 triple, it is more expensive then building a lvl1 triple and upgrading it to a lvl2 triple.

There are 3 keys to master this game:

1) Prepare for the upcomig wave and do not overbuild, if you expect to come a fire-wave, try to build water damage, if you expect an elemental boss to come, build the best element arrow towers on the middle, ..., learn to optimize damage choosing smartly the location of your towers, don't build more then strictly needed.

2) Learn to optimize interest microing, be skillful selling and rebuilding your towers, make each wave start from a blank area as often as possible and build then towers adjusted to the wave that is about to start.

3) Learn to choose secondary effects, in some situations slowing towers are better then in others, find out when the right moment is for building which towers or tower combinations, learn to know the skills of the towers.

To show you tactics about where to place the towers, it is crucial that you understand some basic concepts.

Read this first and understand the basics. Follow this link:

http://www.eletd.com/tower-placement.php

Its the tower placement guide made by Cisz, an absolutely must read for any player.

And why do you discourage building a supernova when it is more powerful than a nova?

There can be many reasons not to build supernova, one can be that you don't want to play too slow, which often happens on multiplayer, another one can be the price, don't build something if you don't need it.

New Question: What quantity should they be?Like how many acids and fire and monsoon and all the others do i need?

Nova and Monsoon are extremely powerful and slow-effective towers, try to concentrate their effects combined on the location you expect to do the most damage and dont let any creep escape, it's for making a "2-pass"-build to get a "1-pass" build. You can control the Tornado manually to be more effective and "follow" the creeps. Well used, 1 tower of each should be enough.

Acid, Ice towers and similar ones have optimum effect when they hit as much creeps as possible, therefor the "corner locations" are the best for them, normally 2 of them and you'll be fine. On acid it is important that they hit the creeps before they enter your main damage area, as they are armor reductors. Same goes for "Faerie Fire" of Enchantment towers.

Welcome to the forum .deeEFF and don't hesitate to ask if you want to know anything, we are glad to help you out.

See? We are a helpfull community. :)

The supernova has a bad sideeffect - it makes units stop when too many creeps are present. So your ronalds will start to pile up on your path, not moving anymore. That will lead to your death by ronald overflow. In short this means, that they block the entrance and then you die. ;)

And you should really read the faq file, the interest question was also explained there. It's not even a long faq: >> Click me for information. <<

@ Jolin012: Edited. :wink:

Got a bit brainwashed last days, thanx to point it out. :?

Guest .deeEFF

Thanks for all the help guys.Really appreciate it.But the reselling of towers on

every lvl is kinda hard for me lol cuz i keep leaking cuz i built too slow.

You didn't expected to master it right away, did you? :D

Try this:

-Keep the "shift"-key pressed while you order the builder to build, to build many towers at once

-If you double click buildings or use the "Crtl"-key when clicking a building, you will select all buildings of the same type. (Good for selling)

-If you press "Alt"-key, you can see the energy bar of the creeps and guess if you have enough towers or you will leak

-Use hotkeys

-Practice on a lower difficulty the first 20 waves

-Memorize how much towers are needed to kill almost all creeps of a wave

-Practice, practice, practice and one day you may beat everyone here :wink:

Orb3r is right. It's not that easy. ;)

And maybe watch replays. Your own games, to see what you did wrong, and games of better players. When you loose to someone in a game, save the replay and look what he is doing. Maybe he does things differently. And if you don't understand what your problem might be, post a replay here and ask for advice.

Guest .deeEFF

I tried very hard mode today and managed to win.Of cuz a lot of leaks :D

Sign in to follow this