EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sancdar

[Beta 8] Tower Query

Guest Sancdar

Okay, I now agree that the tower list should stay around a bit longer. That's not what this post is about, though. The tower query neglects to state the elemental damage type of towers, which is really important. With all the new towers I can't always remember which ones I can build to cover my weakness.

Actually I think its much easier to remember whats the towers purpose then what damage towers do.

I.ex. it took me 3 games to remember that Roots is a AoE slower but I still cant remember, just suppose, that it does Nature damage.

The point is, imagine i'm a newbie; once i get the elements, i check on the towers i already have to what they can be upgraded and what benefits it brings me. I watch the upgrade description and the skill descriptions. Tower query is more like an advanced tool and is not likely to be used by an absolute newcommer; it is more thought for the rest of us that already knows (or at least in most cases) which towers are damage amplifiers, slowers, armor reductors, ...

So the crucial information a normal (not-newbie) user needs to know and that is hard to remember is:

- Towers available

- Building way of triples

- Damage type

so it may would be good to remove the skill type and insert damage type instead.

Still I would like everybodys opinion about this.

agree, totally, I noticed this today too, when clicking the towere query...where can I see the damage type? Maybe there are too many colors if it's simply added to the tower name in the query?

it's probably harder to remember what damage type the tower does than the name of the skill of the tower. Besides, how many actually remember the name of the skill? players are more likely to remember what the tower does than the name of the skill. like roots is an aoe slower that deals dot. so i agree that damage type rather than skill name be added in the list.

Sign in to follow this