EleTD.com
Sign in to follow this  
0rb3r

Fast-Extreme-Extreme Fast modes

I would like to suggest that we make the extreme mode selection on 3 different levels.

Normal -

Fast - Timer starts upon leaking with an adjustment of +1/+2/+3/+4/+5 seconds for the difficulty of the player & only the shortest between rounds delay will be applied on multiplayer games

Extreme - Increased creep speed & All between round delays are set to 0 (the way it is now, the "Gipface" mode)

Extreme fast - Timer starts upon leaking, Increased creep speed, all delays set to 0 (basically its extreme mode with timer starts on leak). The heartstopping mode.

I am suggesting it because i think we could try to save the timer on leak thing as a mode and with the actual configs both things would primarily affect the game speed.

i would be on for this, especially the timer on leak ( i liked that feature). it's the 'impossible' mode which is really good for practicing higher-level gameplay. really forces the player to plan and play properly and think about every play.

What are you talking about 13est.

Do you mean that you almost beated Extreme+ "timer on leak" on b6?

Or that you almost beated Extreme without "timer on leak" on other betas?

Because if it was on b6 like my suggested "heartstopping mode" we could add an aditional rule :twisted: .

If you take longer then 35 secs. to clear your wave the next wave starts right away. :D

sound good, and 0rb3r's 2nd idea sounds good too, because then the fast mode would be fast to a bunch of lame people too. so that they can't play on area6 and think they are beating the fast mode while they are actually using a rather slow 2pass. And ofcourse a message to them so they don't have to understand nothing. something like "This is fast mode, and as you are not fast enough yourselves, here comes another wave anyway". err - except that i formulate very baad :P

er, jolin012, maybe small misunderstanding *maybe*.

If "fast" would have to start after 35 secs the "timer on leak"-thing would be poinless. But that brings me to an idea. :idea:

It is interesting on solo because it simulates a bit a multi game, on multiplayer it helps pros on making preassure on easier difficulties. This mode is just a bit faster then normal. The more you slow the sooner you have to kill the creeps. You may have to choose between slowing creeps or building a 2-pass on average & slow locations

It is damn faster then normal and on multiplayer it forces to build on as fast locations as the fastest killer.

It tops extreme for solo players giving you as well a 40 secs countdown on the wave, if you slow you need to kill much faster; on multiplayer it would be about the same like "Extreme" with the exception that if all players take longer than 40 secs to clean the timer starts anyway.

Does this sound better then before?

Sign in to follow this